Chances are, if you are in the process of planning your next (maybe even your first) Disney Vacation package you’re having the great “Should I book it on my own or through a travel agent” debate. Though you may not have realized, many of the writers here at Disney Addicts and over at our sister site Chip and Co are actually Travel Agents specializing in vacations to Disney destinations. We love nothing more (through both our blog posts and our travel services) than helping clients plan the most magical vacation possible. If you’re new to Disney planning, you may be unsure of the ways an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner can enhance your vacation or worry about hidden costs. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of your most commonly asked questions in the hopes it will make it easier to decide whether working with a TA is a nice fit for your family or group.
1. Why would I want to book my Disney Vacation through you when I can just do it on my own online? Though Disney’s websites and hotlines make it easier than ever to pick a package right for you, there are a lot of distinct advantages to working with a Disney-focused travel agent. I find the one aspect my clients like the most is having a dedicated point-person to go to for all aspects related to your vacation. Its nice to know that they same person will be there to aid you and as they get to know you and your family, will be able to offer a bespoke service perfectly tailored to your needs. I like to think of it has having your own personal concierge who will be with you through every step of the process from the time you book your package until the time you check out of your resort!
2. Can you help me book my Disney Cruise? Yes. Authorized Disney Vacation Planners are able to collaborate with you on a broad range of Disney packages including; Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Land and Sea, Aulani and Adventures by Disney.
3. I want to visit both Disney and Universal. Can you book in the Universal Package for me? Each agent is different. However, my passion is Disney and I only work with Disney destinations. I find having such a specific interest allows me to really focus on making the Disney part of your stay as magical as possible. That being said, as a regular visitor to the majority of Orlando sites and attractions, I am well versed in Universal and am always happy to guide my clients in the right direction and to make sure both packages integrate perfectly
4. Can you help me with booking Dining Reservations and Fastpasses? Absolutely! Though every agent does things a bit differenty, I keep track of important deadlines for you like Dining Reservations and Fastpasses. I am there to advise on options that would be a nice fit for your family and will even wake up early and book in these options for you so that you don’t have to. I also offer dining reservation monitoring for all of my clients which means that if you can’t get a dining reservation you wanted, I’ll check regularly and if a reservation pops up in the lead-in to your vacation, I’ll nab it for you.
5. I’ve never been to Disney World before and don’t know where to start. Can you help me plan out my days? Absolutely, I love working with clients to plan out their Disney days. Whether it’s creating customized itineraries and touring plans or helping you decide what theme parks are the best to visit each day, I’ll be there to help you organize your days so that things run as smoothly as possible during your vacation.
6. Are you able to get me big savings that I wouldn’t get elsewhere? Working directly with Disney means that you’re eligible for the same discounts that Disney releases each year from FREE dining to discount room offers. I’ll always work hard to make sure you’re getting the best deals out there EVEN AFTER YOU’VE BOOKED! That means that should a discount come out (even months after you’ve made your booking or paid your deposit) and it can be applied to your reservation, I’ll automatically add it in for you.
7. How do I know that you know what you’re talking about when it comes to Disney? Those deciding to become agents specializing in Disney Vacations are really put through our paces. Most agencies demand a certain level of experience and familiarity with Disney destinations, you must graduate from Disney’s College of Knowledge Program and continue to visit Disney regularly. I personally visit several times a year. Writing for both Disney Addicts and Chip and Co also means that I’m constantly researching and need to be up to speed on all things Disney. It’s important to me to pass that knowledge on to my clients and my readers.
8. How much do you charge for your services? Nothing! Working with me is FREE. There are no hidden fees and no charges to use my services. A lot of clients find this hard to believe and wonder how I make my money. The answer is easy. Disney pays agents for their service so that you don’t have to. This means that your bottom line is never affected and that you’ll always pay the same as if you were to book with Disney directly.
9. I’ve already booked my package on my own. Can I still work with you? In some cases yes. If you’ve booked your package less than 60 days ago, you can take advantage of all that a Disney-focused TA has to offer. There’s a simple form you need to fill out to let Disney know that you wish to make an agent your point-person and then in a few days you’re all set.
10. How do payments work? Am I paying you or Disney? All payments are processed through Disney. However, as your point person, I’ll log onto Disney’s Reservation System and make them for you. That saves you from having to talk to a different person every time you make a payment and will allow us to keep tabs together on where you package stands.
Interested in finding out more? Why not start with your FREE quote by filling out the form below!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at [email protected]or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Top 2 Quick Service Restaurants at Each Disney World Theme Park - August 22, 2017
- What are the Costume Guidelines For Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? - August 21, 2017
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - August 20, 2017