Will you be paying a visit to Walt Disney World during Mother’s Day (May 14th)? Then Disney provides a wide range of magical ways to show your Disney-loving mom just how much she means to you. So for those searching for the perfect Mother’s Day treat, here our 10 suggestions to say “Thanks Mom!”
1. Spoil Mom with a Spa Treatment – Provide mom with an opportunity to take some time out from those busy theme park days to enjoy a bit of pampering at Senses – A Disney Spa. There are two convenient locations: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. With an enviable range of options from massages, body treatments, facials, manicures and pedicures; there’s something that’s bound to appeal to any mom! For a special Disney-themed surprise, why not treat her to a Jamberry manicure that will transform her nails into Disney-inspired works of art. Availability at both of these amazing locations can fill up quickly so call today to make your booking at 407.WDW.SPA. A complete range of princes can also be found online for both Senses at The Grand Floridian and Sense at Saratoga Springs.
2. Be Creative with a Cake Decorating Class – Allow mom to indulge her creativity (and her sweet tooth) with a cake decorating class at Amorette’s Patisserie located next to the World of Disney Store in Disney Springs. Amorette’s has garnered a huge following due to their delectable Mickey Mouse dome cakes (pictured) and now its mom’s chance to get in on the fun and create one of her own. During these 90-minute classes, guests will be led by expert pastry chefs who will take them through every step of the process in bringing one of these Disney-themed edible works of art to life. Reservations for this experience can be made online at DisneyWorld.com/dining.
3.Treat Mom to A Mother’s Day Brunch – If they way to your mom’s heart is through her tummy, then treat her to a special Mother’s Day Brunch at one of Walt Disney World Resort’s amazing eateries. Brunch offerings will be available at The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, The Garden Grove at Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort, or Paddlefish at Disney Springs (pictured). For a hip take on Mother’s Day, why not treat her to a Mother’s Day Brunch reservation at STK also at Disney Springs? Not only will there be an in-house DJ spinning Mother’s Day tunes but mom will also receive a complimentary “mom-osa”, flowers and a free gift. Reservations can be made online via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE. Act fast as brunch reservations do fill up quickly.
4. How about Dinner and A Show? – For something exotic, treat mom to a Rivers of Light Dining Package over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This special dining offer includes a delicious meal at either Tiffins or Tusker House where mom can enjoy an eclectic range of World Cuisine before enjoying special reserved seating for Animal Kingdoms dazzling nighttime spectacular. River of Light features amazing light displays, special effects, water projections and live theater in mesmerizing celebration of the connection between humans and animals. Advanced booking for the Rivers of Light Dining package is essential and can be made via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
5. The Perfect Gift for Nature Lovers – Looking for something special for that animal-loving mom? Animal Kingdom’s newest tour “Caring for Giants” may be the perfect treat. Not only do participants get to go behind the scenes at one of Animal Kingdom’s most breath-taking attractions- The Kilimanjaro Safaris, but they will also be able to get up close and person with the playful pachyderms that call this savanna home. The Caring for Giants tour provides fantastic insights on how these animals are cared for and how they behave in the wild. With a minimum age requirement of 4-years, the tour is perfect for families travelling with pint-sized children and with a cost of only $30 per person it won’t break the bank. Spots fill up quickly so if this sounds like the perfect gift for mom book at 407.WDW.TOUR today.
6. For Moms With a Green Thumb – Speaking of tours, if gardening is a favorite past-time for your mom then you may want to treat her to one of two exciting tours now available as part of Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival which is running at Epcot until May 29, 2017. The English Tea Garden Tour, which is presented by Twinings of London takes place in the homey English Tea Garden found at the World Showcase’s UK Pavilion. Here guests will learn about the importance of tea on British Culture, the different varieties of teas and how they are grown. Or for those looking for some behind-the-scenes Festival magic, there is also the Gardens of the World Tour where guests will join Disney’s amazing horticulture experts to learn about all of the steps that go into preparing the impressive flora and fauna displays found at the Festival including the delightful themed topiaries. Tours can be booked at 407.WDW.TOUR.
7. For Mothers with a Sense of Adventure – If you have the sort of mom that prefers to get-up-and-go then Disney has a wide range of fantastic options. Why not head on over to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground’s Tri-Circle D Ranch and saddle up with a Trail Ride? There’s also carriage rides that can be booked in advance and mom will also be able to see the amazing horses that pull Cinderella’s carriage. There’s also the Fort Wilderness Back Trail Adventure where mom can climb aboard her a Segway on a journey through the campgrounds beautiful Cyprus forests. For those looking for something more adrenaline-fueled, Mom can indulge in a parasailing excursion at Sammy Duvall’s WaterSports Center which departs from Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Many Walt Disney World resorts also offer bike rentals so hop on and take a pedal around your magnificent resort! Reservations for the trail rides and parasailing can be made by calling 407.WDW.PLAY. Bicycle rentals can be arranged on the day at your Walt Disney World resort of choice.
8. For a Mom that Loves to Park Hop – If your mom loves to visit more than one park during your Disney days, why not make it more convenient for her by booking Disney Express Bus transportation for your family. This new service offered by Disney means that you can hop on special buses that travel between all 4-theme parks with fast non-stop service. Best of all, each of the buses have drop off points inside the main gates which means that you can cut down on all that time spent checking in at the main gates and can instead head straight to your favorite attractions. The buses depart every 30 minutes and run from 10:00 am until park closing. The cost is $15 per person per day or $24 for multiple days. Included in the price are unlimited transfers meaning you can hop from park to park as often as you like!
9. For the Mom that Loves to Shop – If you’re mom loves to bring her Disney memories home with her, then why not head on over to Disney Spring’s Marketplace Co-Op. This outlet is an absolute treasure trove of Disney-related merchandise. Here you’ll find the latest fashions, designer handbags, housewares, one-of-a-kind artwork, luggage and jewelry. The Co-op was created as a way for Disney to “try-out” different merchandise before introducing them to the parks. These means that many of the items are never-seen-before or limited edition items. Its perfect for those looking for a unique bit of Disney merchandising. The Marketplace Co-Op is open daily from 10 am to 11:00pm (11:30pm at weekends). They also take Disney Gift Cards!
10. A Night Without the Kids – Traveling to Disney World as a family doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy an “Adults-Only” night on the town. Walt Disney World Resort offers four magical Children’s Activity Centers where the kids can to part in a wide range of Disney-themed activities and enjoy a meal while grown-ups head out for a date-night. Each Activity Center provides supervised childcare for children aged 3-12. Here’s kids can get involved in arts and crafts, watch one of their favorite Disney films or even rub shoulders with some of their favorite Disney characters. The activity centers can be found at the following resorts:
- Lilo’s Playhouse at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Sandcastle Club, Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Simba’s Cubhouse, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Camp Dolphin, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Prices very depending on resort. Reservations can be made by calling 407.939.3463.
Though Mother’s Day comes but once a year, most of the Mother’s Day treats listed above are available all year round. So pick the one that suits your Mom best and be sure to include it as a special “Thank You” next time you’re at Walt Disney World.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Deeply Discounted IGT, OGT and VGT Fares With Disney Cruise Line - October 16, 2017
- 2 Magical Offers For Those Looking to Spend the Holiday Season at Walt Disney World - October 16, 2017
- What Resorts at Walt Disney World Offer Rooms That Sleep 5 or More? - October 15, 2017