Happy May the Fourth Star Wars fans! We here at Disney Addicts thought what better way to celebrate our favorite film franchise that to highlight a handful of ways that you can add a bit of Star Wars fun to your Disney days. Whether its indulging in a tasty Star Wars-themed treat, stocking up on the latest merchandise, taking in an out-of-this-world fireworks display or rubbing shoulders with some of your favorite Star Wars friends, there are many great ways to indulge your Star Wars side. So take notes and be sure to include some of these favorites during your next visit to the Mouse.
1. Hitch a Ride With Star Tours – The Adventure Continues (Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – Did you know that Star Tours starting whisking visitors to a Galaxy Far, Far Away over 30 years ago? It opened at Disneyland in January of 1987 and even after all of these years is a bonafide crowd-favorite. One of the reasons for its continuous appeal is that the ride has been updated several times over the years to include themes and characters from the latest versions of the film franchise. The current ride features a vast array of possible story lines and a wide range of characters from classics like Darth Vader to new faces like Finn and BB-8 for The Force Awakens. Taking place in a variety of setting including Naboo, Tatooine, Hoth and Jakku you never quite know adventure awaits with each ride!
2. Tuck Into Some Out of This World Treats at the Galactic Grill (Disneyland) – This Star Wars themed eatery located in Tomorrowland is a favorite spot with hungry travelers. Where else can you sink your teeth into a burger dubbed the Cheese – 3PO or indulge in a BB-8 Droid Crisped Rice Treat? Guests can also good or evil with two tasty non-alcoholic drinks dubbed the Light or Dark Side. Each drink comes in its own souvenir container themed after the Millennium Falcon for the Light Side and the Death Star for the Dark Side. Star Wars dining doesn’t get any better than a trip to this Quick Service eatery.
3. Embrace The Force with Jedi Training Academy (Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios)- There’s nothing that makes a Star Wars fan more proud than watching your son or daughter don their first Jedi robes and hold their own while going toe to toe with some formidable Star Wars baddies. That’s exactly what’s in store for young Padawans lucky enough to secure a spot for Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Located at both Hollywood Studios and Disneyland, you can sign your little ones up first thing in the morning for performance slots. Shows occur regularly throughout the day. Warning though, Jedi Training sign-ups can reach Black Friday-like hysteria so its good to arrive to the parks early and have an action plan.
For tips on how you can secure your child’s place at the Hollywood Studios version, check out this article.
4. Immerse yourself in Characters, Legends and Lore at Star Wars Launch Bay (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – An absolute treasure trove for Star Wars fans, You’ll want to set aside a good chunk of your Hollywood Studios day to enjoy all the Launch Bay has to offer. Here guests can pose for photos with Chewbacca or BB-8 or for those that prefer the dark side Kylo Ren. The building is also filled to the brim with Star Wars artifacts and movie memorabilia, and behind the scenes peeks of the upcoming films in the Star Wars franchise. Collectors will also want to check out Launch Bay Cargo for an enviable array of collectibles including autographed merchandise, move prop replicas, sculptures and more!
5. Experience Hyperspace Mountain Before It’s Gone (Disneyland) – For those heading to Disneyland this month, definitely make Hyperspace Mountain a must-do as this Star Wars-themed overlay on Space Mountain will be closing on May 29, 2017 and returning back to its original Space Mountain form on June 1, 2017. Hyperspace Mountain puts you in the middle of a battle between good and evil as you evade Rebel X-wing starfighters and Imperial TIE fighters. From the moment you are greeted by Admiral Ackbar to receive your mission briefing to the final assault on the Star Destroyer it is non-stop Star Wars action at its best.
6. Become a VIP with the Star Wars Guided Tour (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – For the ultimate Star Wars indulgence sign up for Disney World’s 7-hour Star Wars Guided Tour. This new offering includes VIP access to all of the Star Wars attractions and meet and greets. Participants are also treated with preferred viewing for shows and fireworks as well as a guaranteed a spot for your child to participate in Jedi Training. The cost of the tour also includes a Star Wars Themed Lunch, a Star Wars themed evening dessert party and a screening of Star Wars: The Path of the Jedi. The cost to participate is $121.12 for both adults and children. Spots fill up fast so early booking is strongly encouraged and can be made at 407.WDW.TOUR.
7. Relive your Favorite Star Wars Moments with Path of the Jedi (Disneyland) – With daily screenings running every 15 minutes from park opening to close, this short film highlights Luke Skywalker’s journey from his humble upbringing on Tatooine, to Princess Leia’s rescue, to his final stand-off with Darth Vader. Follow along with his amazing heroic tale. The screening takes place at the Tomorrowland Theater and is the perfect pit stop for Star Wars fans both young and old.
8. Make Your Own Lightsabers at Tatooine Traders (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – Have you ever dreamed of having your own customized lightsaber? Well now you can make that dream a reality at Tatooine Traders. Guests can customize everything to perfectly suit your tastes. From handles to colors to sound effects, find your perfect mix! Not heading to Hollywood Studios? Don’t worry, there’s a similar station at Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs.
9. Watch Your Favorite Disney Characters Take to the Stage (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – Taking place several times throughout the day, Star Wars fans won’t want to miss this incredible stage show. Kylo Ren, BB-8, Chewbacca, Darth Maul and more recreate key scenes from the Star Wars franchise right in front of your very eyes. You’ll even see a few new faces from Rouge One: A Star Wars Story. So grab your times guide upon entering Hollywood Studios and try and squeeze one of these performances into your park day. It will not disappoint.
10. End Your Day with a Star Wars-themed Bang! (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) – For fans visiting Hollywood Studios, the icing on the cake of any Star Wars-themed visit is definitely the out-of-this-world nighttime spectacular “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” playing nightly. The show combines video projections, special effects, pyrotechnics and lasers for a send off like you’ve never seen before. These elements combine to recreate key scenes from the films like the twin suns of Tattoine, a field of battle droids and the trench of the Death Star. Fire Towers are also erected to create giant lightsabers in the night sky. The entire show is brought to life by the fantastic scores taken from each of the films in the series. So grab your Times Guide and be sure to stick around for this intergalactic send off!
Whether you’re on the East Coast or the West Coast, when it come to offering something special for Star Wars fans, Disney definitely delivers. And as Disney prepares for a massive Star Wars expansion at both theme parks, this is only set to increase in the years ahead. So head on over to Disney and May the Fourth be with you!
Planning a visit to Disney? Fill out our from below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Things Those Planning a 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Should Know - December 11, 2017
- 5 Things We Learned This Week About Disney’s New Gondola System - December 11, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom - December 10, 2017