Walt Disney World is full of amazing food – with hundreds of places to eat and nearly every cuisine you can think of represented – you won’t go hungry! For those of you (like me!) who have a huge sweet tooth – you will probably be thinking more about the part AFTER the meal – the DESSERTS! Read on for my top picks for Disney World Desserts:
1.Lands End Salted Caramel Brownie Sundae: Ghiradelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop in Disney Springs is a sweet lover’s dream come true. First of all, you can smell it before you can see it – the scent of chocolate and freshly made waffle cones permeates the nostrils and entices you over to sample its treats. You can purchase packaged candy in the adjacent store, but the real star here is the Ice Cream Sundaes – particularly the Lands End – a fudgy brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, and smothered in caramel and (housemade!) hot fudge and sea salt. This one is a true gem – it’s got that salty and sweet combo that many of us love – and the fudge and caramel are the best I have ever tasted.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake: This one appeals to the kid in all of us – as who doesn’t love a good PB&J? This one is pretty self-explanatory – in that it’s a vanilla based milkshake with swirls of peanut butter and grape jelly added in – and it’s the simplicity that makes it so great! You get the milkshake, and the sandwich all in one – and it’s just really delicious, a must try for sure at the 50’s Prime Time Café over in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And if you can’t get reservations for lunch or dinner at the restaurant itself – the milkshake can be ordered from the adjacent bar area at the Tune-In Lounge.
3. Giant Cinnamon Roll: Ok I know what you might be thinking – “is a cinnamon roll really a dessert – or breakfast?” and the answer is – it’s a gloriously beautiful giant confection that can really be either one (or both!). They serve them up at Gaston’s Tavern in the Magic Kingdom – and they are really something. Served warm – these dense rolls are topped with a delicious maple-y frosting like glaze (I recommend you request extra icing for even more of a sugar rush – as they have been known to grant that upon request!). These are HUGE – so as a dessert they are best shared between two people – but I would never judge if you wanted to enjoy it all to yourself.
4. Cheesecake Brownie: The Boardwalk Bakery over at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort is a MUST DO destination for all you fellow sugar lovers out there – it’s packed full of amazing treats baked in-house daily – and the Boardwalk is the perfect place to stroll while snacking on your purchases! Cannolis, cupcakes (assorted varieties including seasonal ones!), tarts, brownies – they have it all – but the best of them all in my book is the epic Cheesecake Brownie – it’s amazing. A thick, dense, fudge-y brownie with a strong dark chocolate flavor is topped with a rich cheesecake layer as thick as the brownie itself! The tang of the cheesecake is the perfect complement to the brownie – a match made in heaven for sure! It’s super rich and pretty big – so you might want to plan on sharing this one (but only with someone you really like who is worthy of all this deliciousness!)
*If you’re drooling just reading about this – then try your hand at making them at home
5. Mickey Ice Cream Bar: What kind of Disney Dessert Lover would I be if I didn’t include this on the list of top Disney World Desserts? The Mickey head Ice Cream bar has been around forever – and has changed a bit over the years (I remember it when only the ears were chocolate dipped and it had a face – oh – and you could buy them at the grocery store back then too!) These days – they are exclusively found on Disney Property – and they feature vanilla ice cream completely covered in a chocolate shell – in the shape of everyone’s favorite Mouse! They are available basically everywhere at Disney World – at tons of places throughout the parks including most ice cream carts, and also at the resorts as well. They are one of the most iconic Disney desserts ever – and that first bite into the hard shell and the snap as your mouth hits the creamy ice cream – perfection
This was truly a hard article to write – I mean – how can you narrow it down to just FIVE desserts – it’s really difficult for me to pick “the best” ones as they are ALL amazing – the cupcakes, ice cream, candy, and all the other incredible options in the dessert realm at Walt Disney World – I hope someday to say I have tried them all. What about you – what are YOUR favorite Disney World Desserts?
Latest posts by Catie H (see all)
- So You Just Booked Your First Walt Disney World Trip – Now what? - March 17, 2018
- 5 of Our Favorite Walt Disney World Desserts - March 3, 2018
- Our 5 Favorite Thrill Rides At Walt Disney World - January 29, 2018