Disney Christmas fever has finally hit. With Disney extending its Holiday Magic discount offer this week providing discounts in the lead-in to Christmas, I am having a lot of clients contacting me about squeezing in a holiday visit to the Mouse. There is one question all these guests want to know and that is:“What resorts really go all out for Christmas?” With that in mind, here are 5 resorts that we here at Disney Addicts think really pull out all the holiday stops:
5) Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge- Though majestic animals roaming the savanna doesn’t seem very Christmas-y, when you finally arrive at this breathtaking resort, you’ll be blown away by its exotic Christmas charm. There’s just something about the rustic interior of the Lodge that lends itself so well to the Season. From the beautiful garlands that line the giant atrium lobby to lights dazzling in celebration of the holidays, a stay here will definitely conjure up the Christmas spirit. Guests will also be blown away by one of the largest Christmas trees on Disney property decorated with delightful African-inspired touches. The lovely theming is also carried throughout each of the Lodge’s wonderful restaurants as well as over at Kidani Village. Definitely a worthy resort if you’re looking for a lovely yet non-traditional Christmas retreat.
4) Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds – If one of your favorite things about the holidays is seeing your neighborhood all lit up in celebration, then Fort Wilderness is the resort for you. A visit to the campground loops will have you in awe as inflatables, Christmas displays featuring animatronic Disney characters and even working mini monorails line the route. The way that families decorate their sites is nothing short of amazing. Check out this video from last year’s Fort Wilderness Christmas celebration:
Add to this the beautiful country feel of the main buildings and also lovely little add-ons like the one-horse-open Holiday Sleigh Rides on offer and it’s a country-style Christmas you won’t soon forget. And for those that don’t feel like pitching a tent or hitching up the RV, there’s also quaint cozy cabins with full kitchens perfect for cooking up Christmas dinner.
3) Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort – For those looking to experience the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, take in the Candlelight Processional or enjoy the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! fireworks show at Hollywood Studios, the Epcot resorts are a perfect fit as they are within walking distance of Epcot and a short water taxi to Hollywood Studios. These resorts also offer a lovely turn-of-the-century take on Christmas with their beautifully themed decorations. Over at the Beach Club, you’ll be delighted by the giant edible Christmas Carousel display and trimmings that perfectly keep with the theme not only of the season but of this beach-side setting. The Yacht Club also has one of my favorite Christmas displays each year, a beautiful Christmas Village filled with lots of nautical touches and incredibly intricate details. You’ll have to see it for yourself!
2. Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort – For Disney visitors that return year-on-year for Christmas, Wilderness Lodge is synonymous with the Holiday Season. Maybe its the giant fireplace greeting guests in the main lobby, the grand central Christmas Tree extending to the rafters or the smell of pine that greets you when you walk through the front door. Whatever it is, this resort certainly conjures up the feeling of being home for the holidays. The added beauty of Wilderness Lodge is also that it is located just a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom making it perfect for those late-in-the-day trips to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
1.Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa- For those really wanting that “Wow!” factor with their Disney stay, I can’t imagine a better place at Christmas than the Grand Floridian. Their holiday lobby display is unrivalled. Where else can you see towering gingerbread creations that double as storefronts where you can nibble on a shingle (that you buy of course) while sipping on a hot cocoa or taking in the towering Victorian-themed Christmas-tree (be sure to check out all of the little details.) You’re also conveniently located just a monorail or boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom and a quick ride or walk away from the other monorail resorts where you’ll want to pay a quick visit to see their Christmas displays.
With 25+ resorts on Disney property, each one is a perfect holiday treat in its own right but we love the way that these 5 resorts go that extra mile to pack in the Christmas splendor. So whether you’re planning a late November weekend getaway or want to wake up at Disney on Christmas morning, definitely consider giving one of our Top 5 a try.
Planning a destination Christmas? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Give the gift of Disney this Holiday Season. Start planning your Christmas Getaway by working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can plan out all of the little details while you enjoy the magic. From finding the perfect holiday retreat to helping you add-on those special Christmas touches like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, I’ll take all of the guesswork out of organizing your destination Christmas. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - February 18, 2018
- 11 Exciting New Treats Added to the Menus at Walt Disney World - February 18, 2018
- 4 Things We Learned About Disneyland’s Pixar Pier This Week - February 17, 2018