With Summer 2017 coming to a close, Disney fans are already setting their sights on the Fall Season and with it the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. However, before the amazing Food & Wine offerings come to the forefront, we here at Disney Addicts would like to pay homage to some of our favorite Walt Disney World sweet treats that were introduced this Summer. Here’s the 6 that we’ve fallen in love with the most!
1. Shaved Ice – Disney’s Animal Kingdom – I’ve never really figured out why, but for some reason Animal Kingdom just feels hotter in the noon-day sun than any of the other Disney World theme parks. That’s why the shaved ice at Harambe Fruit Market is a new snack that has us pretty excited. You can choose from three delicious flavors: watermelon, mango-passionfruit, and pina colada for $3.99 or opt for a boozy version for $9.29. The watermelon and mang0-passionfruit versions come with Snow Leopard Vodka and the pina colada with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum.
2. Cheshire Cat Tails – Trust us, it tastes as good as it looks. Cheshire Cat Tails are now available at the Cheshire Cafe at Magic Kingdom park. This beautiful treat features a sweet pastry twist filled with chocolate chips and drizzled with pink and purple icing to match the strips of Alice’s famous cohort. Pick one up during your next visit for $4.99.
3. Made to Order S’mores – Nothing says Summer quite like this campfire treat. Thanks to the folks over at The Ganachery in Disney Springs, visitors can now indulge in this nostalgic sweet treat any day of the week. However, what awaits is so much more than your average s’more. This tasty treat is comprised of two homemade graham crackers topped with cinnamon and sugar and covered in caramel ganache and sea salt. A homemade vanilla bean marshmallow is toasted with a blowtorch and then a custom blend of “Dark 65” chocolate is quickly added to complete the mix. One of these delicious treats will set visitors back $8. The S’mores are only being offered through the Summer so be sure to stop by and get yours ASAP.
4. Smokey Bones Chocolate Shake – Adults won’t want to miss this milkshake with a kick now available over at Trilo-Bites in Animal Kingdom’s Dinoland USA. It’s made up of a chocolate milkshake and bourbon and is garnished with a slice of candied bacon. For those over 21, the Smokey Bones can be yours for $10.00.
5. Pineapple Lumpia – Ever since Pandora- The World of Avatar opened this past May, this sweet treat has been winning over Disney foodies and first-time visitors alike. Disney’s take on traditional Chinese street food, this spring roll is filled with a delightful blend of pineapple and cream cheese and is coated with sugar making it the perfect indulgence after a long day of waiting in those Pandora ride queues. You can pick one up for $2.99.
6. Northwest Berry Whip – Watch out Dole, there’s a new whip in town and this one is coming your way from the newly opened Geyser Point Bar and Grill over at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort. Guests can get one of these sweet berry treats “to-go” at the walk-up window. Adults may want to indulge in the alcoholic version which is topped up with black cherry vodka while you sit back and relax at the open-air bar. The classic whip is $4.29 and the cocktail will set guests back $10.00.
It has certainly been an ideal summer for snacking Disney-style. For those heading to Walt Disney World in the weeks ahead, be sure to give at least one of the delectable goodies on our list a try. You won’t be sorry.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still terrific 2017 packages to be had and 2018 rates are now available. Fill out our form below to get your FREE quote.
Have you found the information in this email helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I can keep track of important dates so that you don’t have to worry about deadlines passing you by. My concierge-level service also means that I’ll be on hand to find your perfect package, help you land hard to get dining and Fastpass reservations and can even apply discounts to your reservations (even after you’ve booked) so that you are always getting the best deals out there. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney. Get in touch at 1-800-801-4025 at firstname.lastname@example.org or following along on Facebook for more details.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - February 18, 2018
- 11 Exciting New Treats Added to the Menus at Walt Disney World - February 18, 2018
- 4 Things We Learned About Disneyland’s Pixar Pier This Week - February 17, 2018