We’re only in February but what a fantastic year it is shaping up to be at Walt Disney World Resort. Guests over the next few months can expect a Spring fill with new happenings across all four theme parks. Here a list of just some of the exciting things you’ll find on offer in the months ahead.
1. Pandora – The World of Avatar (pictured). Opening on May 27th, Animal Kingdom’s newest land will transport guests to the mystical world of the Na’vi complete with bio-luminescent rainforests, floating mountains and soaring Banshees. Guests to Avatarland will get to enjoy two main adventures here. The first is Avatar Flight of Passage which will send guests flying above the jungles of Pandora on a Banshee. The second attractions Na’vi River Journey is a boat ride that sails down a river hidden in a glowing bio-luminescent forest that includes amazing interactions with a Na’vi Shaman. Pandora will also be home to the Satu’li Canteer, the main eatery in the area as well as Pongu Pongu which will be serving up a range of exotic drinks. Souvenirs of your time on Pandora can also be found at Windtraders which will carry a Avatar-themed items as well as toys and science kits.
2. Rivers of Light – The day has finally come as Animal Kingdom will this evening be running a soft opening of this fantastic evening water pageant which was originally schedule to debuted on February 17th. This amazing evening spectacular will take guests on a exotic journey combining water, fire, nature, fantastic choreography and an original musical score in a production designed to highlight the majesty of nature and the connection between animals and humans in the world. Fastpasses are currently being offered for places during the extended run. Guests wanting to ensure preferred seats may also want to opt for the Rivers of Light Dining Package. Meals can be booked at either Tusker House or Tiffins and include tickets for priority seating at a select Rivers of Light production. For more information on the dining plan check out this article.
3. “Happily Ever After” Fireworks – Later this Spring, Disney fans will bid adieu to Magic Kingdom’s much-loved Wishes evening fireworks performances which will make room for Disney’s newest fireworks displayed “Happily Ever After”. This 18 -minute production will take guests on an exciting journey filled with filled with heart and humor. Cinderella’s Castle itself will become part of the story as dazzling projections will be used to share more that 25 much-loved stories from Disney’s repertoire including “The Little Mermaid”, “Aladdin”, “Moana” and “Zootopia.” Don’t miss performances of the all new Happily Ever After which will start on May 12th.
4. Out-of-This World Additions for Star Wars Fans – Hollywood Studios is definitely the place to be for Star Wars fans this Spring. Several new Star Wars additions have recently taken center stage over at Launch Bay including authentic replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”. New AWR Troopers are also appearing in the daytime stage show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away.” Those looking for the ultimate Star Wars treat may want to consider signing up for the Star Wars Guided Tour. This 7-hour intergalactic adventure includes character meet-ups, themed dining, Star Wars themed attractions, insider tours, a dessert party and VIP viewing for Star Wars: a Galactic Spectacular. The cost of the tours is $121 per person and can be booked at DisneyWorld.com.
5. Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Epcot’s annual Spring festival will open in just a few short weeks (March 1 – May 29th). This year’s festival promises to be bigger and better than ever with an array of fantastic Outdoor Kitchens and incredible topiaries inspired by much-loved Disney characters. Other than enjoying the vibrant gardens, guests can take in an outdoor performance at the Garden Rocks Concert Series and even pair this with breakfast lunch and dinner as part of the Garden Rocks Dining Plan. More information on the exciting events on offer at this year’s festival can be found by visiting disneyworld.com.
6. Miss Adventure Falls – Typhoon Lagoon – Miss Adventure Falls, the newest family attraction at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, will start welcoming guests this Spring. This family-style raft adventure will immerse guests in the story of Captain Mary Oceaneer. Legend holds that this treasure hunter roamed the Seven Seas in search of treasure until a freak storm marooned her at at her loot at Typhoon Lagoon. Miss Adventure Falls is slated to be one of the longest attractions, coming in at 2 minutes, at Disney’s Water Parks.
What more reason do you need to pay Walt Disney World a visit this Spring? And for those looking to get planning there are still plenty of great resorts and packages on offer. Why not fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at [email protected] or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Top 4 Attractions at Each Disney World Theme Park With the Lowest Wait Times - June 27, 2017
- 8 Refurbs and Upgrades to Disney World Resorts in 2017 - June 24, 2017
- When Will Disney Release Discounts for 2018 Packages? - June 23, 2017