With the Christmas Season in full swing, it’s time to head on over to Disney California Adventure Park to check out the Festive Food Marketplaces as part of the park’s Festival of Holidays celebrations. Disneyland visitors will not be disappointed with the succulent array of treats on offer. Sweet, savory, boozy, frozen- there’s something to cater to all tastes. Our team has been lucky enough to try out some of these tasty treats and report back with our favorites. So if you’re heading to the parks in the weeks ahead, here are some initial recommendations to get you started. We reserve the right to keep adding to our changing these selections as we indulge our way through the Marketplace in the weeks ahead.
1. Eggnog Macaron – Winter Sliderland – Disneyland has a macaron for practically every occasion but trust us, this one does not disappoint. With that eggnog taste you’ve come to know and love, the melt in the mouth texture of a perfectly made macaroon and a hint of nutmeg, its a perfect little slice of Christmas goodness.
2. Pumpkin Spice Float Cocktail – A Twist on Tradition – Move over Pumpkin Spice Lattes, this drink is just as good as it looks and packs a little punch. Head on over to the Twist on Tradition booth for this cocktail featuring cream liqueur, vanilla ice cream and pumpkin seed brittle.
3. Beef Brisket – Grandma’s Recipes – If your family is anything like mine, Beef Brisket is a holiday staple. The portion being served up at Grandma’s Recipe has that lovely homecooked taste with beef that melts-in-your-mouth. Its served with a small portion of brown sugar-glazed carrots which when combined with the beef definitely conjures up the taste of Christmas dinner.
4.Mimosa Flight – Making Spirits Bright – If you’re a brunch-lover than you realize the importance of a darn good mimosa and this Festive Food Booth is serving up a flight of three versions of the AM classic. The varieties on offer are White Cranberry, Pear and Blood Orange and each is as equally delicious as its counterpart. Bottoms up!
5. Chana Masala – Classic Crocks and Casseroles – One thing we love about sampling at the festive food booths each year is the opportunity to try out dishes from around the world. One of our favorites this year is the Chana Masala. This savory Indian chickpea curry is perfect for those cooler California evenings and is served with a delicious side of garlic naan.
6. Pomegranate Margarita – Spicey Celebrations – For those that prefer their cocktails with a kick, this Margarita is a real treat. It comes with a chipotle-smoked sea salt half-rim and is perfect for strolling around the park.
7. Buñuelos –Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Paradise Garden Grill – This sweet treat is absolutely delicious in its simplicity. It features two golden -fried flour tortillas dusted with cinnamon sugar and served with a side of cajeta which for those that don’t know is a Mexican caramel sauce. It’s the perfect treat at the end of a long Disney day.
Try these amazing treats out for yourself at the Festival of Holidays which runs at Disney California Adventure Park until January 7th. This year 12 different marketplaces are scattered throughout the festival area. So if you’re hitting the parks this Holiday Season, be sure to bring your appetites.
Thinking about a Christmas visit to Disneyland? Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect resort and ticket package to helping you add-in lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Your Guide To Walt Disney World’s 9 Dessert Party Offerings - November 16, 2017
- 10 Tips For Doing Magic Kingdom Like a Pro - November 16, 2017
- 6 Ways to Celebrate The Upcoming Release of Coco at Walt Disney World - November 16, 2017