Sure when it comes to thinking about the holidays at Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom is usually this first park that comes to mind with its annual Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party celebrations. However, we here at Disney Addicts think the amazing flurry of activities happening over at Epcot are pretty special and make the theme park a definite must-do for families that want to enjoy the Christmas Season Disney-style. So, if you’re going to be paying a visit to the Mouse during the month of December be sure to pencil in a 1/2 day if not more to enjoy all of the festive treats. To give you just a taste, here’s are 7 Reasons Why Epcot is the Place to Be During the Holidays:
1. Holiday Storytellers – When visiting a Disney theme park it’s all too easy to make it just about the rides and headlining attractions. However, guests that really take their time and explore the world showcase are in for a special treat. During the Christmas Season, Epcot launches its International Festival of the Holidays where the 11 countries that make up the World Showcase pull out all the stops to give visitors a taste of their Holiday traditions. You’ll learn about Julenissen- the sneaky Christmas gnome in Norway, La Befana the friendly Christmas Witch From Italy and get to witness a breathtaking Chinese Lion Dance. The Holiday Storytellers are a fun an enriching experience not-to-be-missed.
2. Holiday Kitchens – During Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays Celebration, the World Showcase plays host to 15 amazing Holiday Kitchens offering seasonal comfort food from around the World. Be sure to save a bit of spending money in your Disney budget to try out treats that include a delcious assortment of sugar cookies (pictured above) from the Cookie Nook, or a more traditional seared Pork Tenderloin dinner at the American Pavilion. One of our favorite trends this year are boozy milkshakes and the Chocolate Apple Shake With Twinings Winter Spice Tea and Butterscotch Schnapps also at the American Pavilion is not to be missed! For a list of some of our other stand-out Epcot holiday treats check out this article.
3. Joyful! A Celebration of the Season – Who says all the Holiday fun takes place only in the World Showcase. Linger a bit in Future World to check out this amazing concert that will have you clapping, dancing and singing your way into the Christmas Season. Joyful! A Celebration of the season is an uplifting mix of gospel, jazz, R&B and more. Performances run daily at the Future World Fountain Stage at 1:25pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 4:25pm.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Things Those Planning a 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Should Know - December 11, 2017
- 5 Things We Learned This Week About Disney’s New Gondola System - December 11, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom - December 10, 2017