As we inch ever closer to the Summer months, a question I get asked a lot is whether or not its worth setting aside some time to visit one of Disney World’s water parks and my answer would be a resounding yes! If you have a relaxed stay planning at Disney World and time to spare then definitely pack those swimsuits and head to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon for a day of adventure. Here are 7 reasons why we think you’ll love a visit to Disney World’s Water Parks.
1. Relaxing and Unique Lazy Rivers – Escape and unwind from your hectic theme parks days with a slow and refreshing ride along Castaway Creek or Cross Country Creek, two lazy rivers that the whole family can enjoy. You’ll love the theming of the lazy rivers at both parks. At Blizzard Beach float on inner tubes through ice caves or enjoy more tropical climes at Typhoon Lagoon as you meander through a misty rainforest.
2. Surf Lessons – Have you ever wanted to learn to surf? Now’s your chance. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon offers surfing lessons before the park opens. Guests can spend a few hours with professional instructors learning the tricks of the trade. Packages come with a light breakfast as well as photography and can be booked by calling 407.939.7529.
3. Incredible Thrills – Though both water parks offer ample opportunity to relax and unwind, they also pack in the thrills. The Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach is sure to get your heart pumping as you reach speeds of up to 55 mph. Over at Typhoon Lagoon, Crush ‘n’ Gusher is a raft ride filled with surprises around every corner. Additional thrills include the Toboggan Racers and Slush Gusher at Blizzard Beach and Hummunga Kowabunga at Typhoon Lagoon.
4. Miss Adventure Falls – We love this Typhoon Lagoon attraction so much that we thought it deserved a separate mention. Celebrating its 1 year Anniversary in May, this family raft ride comes in at 2 1/2 minutes making it one of the longest rides you’ll find at Disney’s Water Parks. In a feat of modern Imagineering, the attraction also tells the story of Captain Mary Oceaneer a treasure hunter who’s loot is scattered during a nasty typhoon. Riders will find will find lots of props associated with Mary’s adventure along the route as you help her recover her gold.
5. Blizzard Beach Spring Challenge – Guests visiting from March 24th – 25th will be able to take part in a handful of fun and competitive games. These include obstacle courses, water slide challenges and other interactive games. There are events perfect for everyone in your family. Winners even get to take home fun Blizzard Beach prizes!
6. Private Cabanas – For those looking for the perfect hideaway to relax and unwind with your crew, Disney Water Parks offer private cabanas that can be booked in advance for your upcoming visit. The Beachcomber Shack Cabanas and Polar Patios Cabanas provide comfy seating, shade from the Orlando heat, private lockers and more! During your stay, a service attendant will also look after your food and beverage needs with an exclusive a la carte menu. Cabanas can be booked at 407.939.7529.
7. Amazing Eats – With all of the incredible activities list above, you’ll definitely work up an appetite and Disney offers an eclectic array of amazing treats that you’ll only find at the water parks. Options include the slow pulled pork on a burger with pineapple, Korean beef or chicken rice bowls, seafood basket and delicious salads. Save room for dessert as the Sand Pail Sundaes have developed a huge following among Disney regulars. The sand pails are piled high with chocolate and vanilla soft-serve, waffle cone pieces, Oreo cookie pieces, sprinkles, hot fudge, caramel, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Another highlight is the warm mini donuts! Trust us when we say that they’re absolutely delicious!
These are just a handful of the many reasons why we think a visit to the Water Parks provides the perfect break from your theme park days! Keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest Walt Disney World tips and tricks.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 7 Strategies for Managing Disneyland in the Rain - March 20, 2018
- 7 Delightful Ways to Celebrate Easter at Disney Springs - March 20, 2018
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - March 19, 2018