Walt Disney World can be an incredibly romantic place, not just during Valentine’s Day but all year round. So if you’ll be hitting the parks this year with your special someone you may want to take note of 7 ways that we like to add a bit of romance to our Disney days.
1. Enjoy a carriage ride- Why not surprise your loved one with a romantic carriage ride down the beautiful tree lined paths at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort or meandering through the lush pine and cypress forests at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Both properties offer 20 minute rides that will set visitors back $45 (per booking) making it a wonderful touch that doesn’t break the bank. Advanced booking is recommended and can be done by contacting 407.WDW.PLAY.
2. Watch the Fireworks from California Grill. For a romantic dinner with an incredible view try and book a table at California Grill that coincides with Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks display. This rooftop restaurant at Disney’s Contemporary Resort has a private view deck where visitors can sip on a glass of bubbly while watching this evening spectacular light up the night sky over Seven Seas Lagoon. As it is one of Walt Disney World’s Fine/Signature Dining Restaurants, you can also count on top-notch cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients. You’ll find everything from goat’s cheese ravioli and swordfish, to an amazing sushi bar and massive wine menu. Fireworks dining times can be incredibly popular and fill up fast so advance booking is highly recommended and can be made online via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
3. Go on a FerryTale Wishes Fireworks Cruise – Perfect for that special someone with a sweet tooth, this evening fireworks cruise is perfect ending to a perfect Disney day. Clients board the ferry at the Ticket and Transportation Center and head out to Seven Seas Lagoon where there’s an assortment of tasty treats on offer including the Polynesian De-constructed Pineapple Upside Down Cake, “Main Street” Mickey Balloon Tarts and a Florida Mango Panna Cotta. There’s also sparkling wines as well as hot and cold drinks on offer. Those attending will also receive a takeaway souvenir plate and glass to commemorate the occasion. The cost of the cruise is $99 per adult. Theme park admission is not required. These cruises can fill up fast so advanced booking is recommended. Times may vary and are made available at the time of booking. Cruises can be booked online at disneyworld.com or by calling 407.939.3463.
4. Indulge at Victoria and Albert’s- When it comes to ways to really spoil that special love in your life, look no further than this esteemed Grand Floridian eatery. Consistently receiving AAA’s five diamond award for excellency, this is the best restaurant on Disney property and one of the best in the country. Its refined dress code, limited seating and delectable cuisine will definitely make you feel like VIPs for the evening. The cost to dine here is well over $60 per adult definitely making it a splurge but one that you’ll be bragging about for years to come. Advanced booking is essential and can be made via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Have a romantic gift delivered to your resort room – Treat your special someone to a delightful surprise after a long day a the parks with one of Disney Floral and Gift’s fantastic arrangements. For the ultimate indulge consider the 2-Day Romantic Experience. On the first day, your loved one will receive a dozen roses and on the second day will return to a room adorned with scattered rose petals, candles, a Swarovski Crystal on silver bracelet, a carefully penned poem and Wishes Sparkling Cider and chocolates. Coming in a $375 its definitely for those looking so splash out. However, Disney Floral and gifts also offers a plethora of other options from chocolates and gift baskets to a simpler floral arrangements starting at $50.00. For more information please check out their website at disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com.
6. Proclaim your love from high in the sky. If your loved one has a real sense of adventure then why not enjoy the breathtaking views from 400ft up in the air with Characters in Flight at Disney Springs. Guests take to the skies in a hand-painted helium balloon where for around 10 minutes you’ll be able to enjoy amazing 360-degree views of Walt Disney World Resort and vistas of up 10 miles into the distance. The balloon holds 29 people and costs $20 per adult. Tickets are purchased directly at the attraction on a first-come first-served basis. Guests should also note that operating hours may change due to weather.
7. Treat your loved one to a Spa experience. Perfect for those that love to be pampered, Disney has a variety of spas spanning the length and breadth of the Resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Contemporary Resort, and Coronado Springs all offer up basic massage and facial packages. Give your loved one the deluxe spa treatment at Mandara Spa in the Dolphin Resort where she can enjoy Balinese inspired offerings like the Sunrise Ritual. For something extra special choose one of two Senses Spa locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian or Saratoga Spring Resorts where the lady in your life can chose from massages, facials, body treatments, spa packages ranging from 2 – 5 hours and manicures/pedicures. Advance booking is highly recommended and can be done by phoning 407-WDW-SPAS.
So next time you are headed to Disney with that special person in your life, try out one of these magical ways to say “I love you.”
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at [email protected] or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 7 Pointers for Those Considering a Last-Minute Disney World Getaway - May 22, 2017
- When Can I Book My Disney Cruise for Fall of 2018? - May 20, 2017
- 3 Of The Best Places To Cool Off at Each Walt Disney World Theme Park - May 18, 2017