It won’t be long before the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival begins to wow guests with its amazing array of incredible blooms, magical topiaries, dance-worthy concerts, fun-filled workshops and of course delicious food! This week, Disney released details of the amazing treats that will be served up at fest’s outdoor kitchens and we here at Disney Addicts have already set our sites on several menu items that we can’t wait to tuck in to. To give you a taste of the amazing treats that will be on offer here are 8 dishes we thought worth highlighting.
1. Local Wildflower Honey -Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses – A new booth for this year is the Honey Bee-stro Hosted By The National Honey Board and already their menu seems pretty buzz-worthy! We know where we’ll be heading first during our visit this Spring!
2. Potato Pancakes – This classic treat being served up at Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market is one of our Flower and Garden dining staples. You can get them doused with homemade applesauce or with carmelized hame, onions and herb sour cream which is our favorite!
3. Cider – When strolling around Epcot looking at the amazing topiaries, nothing hits the spot like a nice cool glass of cider and you’ll find some pretty impressive varieties at the Cider House. This year’s offerings include:
- McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, West Seneca, NY
- Florida Beer Company Caribé Pineapple Tropical Hard Cider, Cape Canaveral, FL
- Ciderboys Grand Mimosa Apple Orange Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Cider Flight
- Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider, California (Non-alcoholic)
4. Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewers with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce – This is another dish we are happy to see make a return this year. You’ll find it at La Isla Fresca which serves up a nice array of dishes with Caribbean flair.
5. Frushi: Head on over to the Hanami booth at the Japan Pavilion to sample this delicious treat that consists of fresh pineapple, strawberry and melon rolled with coconut rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut and a raspberry sauce on the side. Its also perfect for vegetarians!
6. Seared Scallops – The Northern Bloom features some pretty impressive Canadian dishes. The scallops are one of our favorite treats from last year and come with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigrette and Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon. It is also a great option for those on a Gluten Free diet.
7. Pulled Pig Slider Coleslaw – Found at the Smokehouse, this mini sandwich is perfect in its simplicity and pairs well with many of the amazing brews on offer including:
- Central 28 Brewing Company Sunshine Greetings Orange Hibiscus Wheat Ale, DeBary, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing Phantasmas Spicy Double IPA, St. Petersburg, FL
- Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout, Clearwater, FL
- Beer Flight
8. Berry Buckle – Round out your Flower & Garden dining experience with something sweet. Found at The Berry Basket, this Warm Wild Berry Buckle comes with a pepper berry gelato. Its another great dish for vegetarians.
This is just a tiny sample of the amazing treats you’ll find at Epcot during this year’s Flower & Garden Festival which runs at Epcot from February 28 – May 28th. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Flower Garden news as well as tips and tricks.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
If you are interested in looking into a split stay for your next vacation, get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 or email@example.com. I would be happy to assist you with everything from arranging Disney’s Magical Express, to making Fastpass and dining reservations. Best of all as travel agent with MickeyTravels, the preferred agency of Chip & Co, my services are absolutely FREE!
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - February 18, 2018
- 11 Exciting New Treats Added to the Menus at Walt Disney World - February 18, 2018
- 4 Things We Learned About Disneyland’s Pixar Pier This Week - February 17, 2018