When it comes to paying a visit to Magic Kingdom, I typically recommend that guests spend more than one day enjoying everything that the parks have to offer. You want to make sure that you have plenty of time to enjoy the rides, shows, fantastic eats and of course the characters! Its easy in the hustle and bustle of running from one ride to the next to forget that the park is jam-packed with Disney friends waiting to say hello. So check out this list of 8 of our favorite Magic Kingdom meet and greets and be sure to add a few to your next Magic Kingdom touring plan.
8. Merida- You’ll find this Scottish princess nestled away in Fairytale Garden which is located at the side of Cinderella’s Castle near the Mad Tea Party. Merida’s more remote location may have you wishing for a wisp to lead you in the right direction but its a meet and greet definitely worth seeking out. Meeting this princess will definitely be one of the high points for Brave fans and her location even consists of a few surprises (of the bear cub variety). Merida also spends a lot of time interacting with guests which has lead Disney to dub it a “play and greet”. She is available to greet guests from 9.15 – 6.16 pm on most days.
7. Aladdin and Jasmine – Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland is one of two places where you can meet Aladdin and Jasmine. The other location is at the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot. You’ll find their Meet and Greet location in the Moroccan-style Bizarre located next to the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. The surroundings make for a fantastic backdrop and there’s PhotoPass photographers on had to capture the moment. You’ll find this dynamic duo holding court from 9:30am – 5:10pm daily.
6. Meet Tiana and Prince Naveen on a Private Riverboat Party – This is a delightful premium event that is so under-the-radar that I thought it worth mentioning. If you’re a fan of The Princess and The Frog you won’t want to pass up an opportunity to spend your afternoon sailing on a riverboat and hanging out with Royalty. Tiana’s Riverboat Party starts with an ice cream social filled to the brim with delicious desserts, Each party guest gets to meet and have photos taken with the happy couple before boarding the Liberty Square Riverboat for unique views of the afternoon Festival of Fantasy parade. After that, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen will board for a cruise filled with singing, dancing and lots more magical fun. Its a fairy tale of an afternoon that you won’t soon forget. The party starts in Liberty Square at 2:30pm daily. Costs for the cruise are $49 per adult and $29 per child. Reservations can be made in advance at 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Rapunzel – Things seem to be a lot more calm at Princes Fairytale Hall these days with Anna and Elsa now greeting guests over at Epcot’s Norway Pavilion. However, don’t overlook the fact that there are still amazing princess to meet at this Fantasyland location. Rapunzel is on hand to make sure that you’re having the best day ever. So have your autograph books and cameras at the ready. She’s on hand to greet guests daily from 9:30 am. Closing times vary depending on park hours. For those wanting to meet Tiana without the ice cream, she also shares the Hall with Rapunzel at this viewing location.
4. Ariel – When it comes to meet and greet ambiance, Ariel definitely steals the show. You’ll find her waiting to meet guests in a magical seaside grotto tucked away next to the Under the Sea attraction. What makes this meet and greet extra special is that unlike her appearances at Cinderella’s Royal Table or Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, at this location Ariel is in mermaid form. So head on over to the Grotto and say hello to Ariel fins and all! The meet and greet usually takes place daily starting at 9:00 am with closing times varying depending on park hours.
3. Gaston – If you’re looking to rub shoulders with this tall, dark, strong and handsome brute, just look for the long line of lovestruck ladies waiting anxiously to steal a moment with this famous Disney baddie near Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland. Gaston’s usually there greeting guests from 10am – 4:30pm where he’s been known to fling an insult or two.
2. Pete’s Silly Sideshow – This is a gem of a Magic Kingdom meet and greet location that tends to get easily overlooked. Nestled over by the Dumbo the Flying Elephant, many families don’t realize that beneath this Big Top lies one of the best places to meet Minnie and Friends. Here you’ll find Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy all dressed up for the circus. There are two lines that you must wait in to meet all of the characters but because of its out-of-the-way location, the wait times here are usually minimal. These are delightful and unique character interactions and the imagineering that went into this area of the park is absolutely magical. As of going to print these meet and greets are only scheduled through the end of May from 10:00am -7:30pm.
1. Talking Mickey – The official name for this meet and greet is “Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater” however in my opinion it overlooks the most magical thing about this character encounter which is that this Mickey talks! Guests get to venture backstage to Mickey’s dressing room. The look on the faces of your little ones when he greats them with a phrase or two is absolutely priceless. Meeting talking Mickey is definitely one of those pixie dust moments that your family won’t soon forget. PhotoPass photographers will also be on hand to capture the Magic. Because of its location near the front of the Magic Kingdom, this meet and greet can have long lines. I recommend either lining up first thing in the morning when other guests are making a mad dash to Fantasyland or a bit later in the day as crowds start to taper off. You can also use a FastPass if this is high on your Magic Kingdom must-do list. Mickey is usually available to meet from park opening to close. Guests should also note that he is occasionally swapped out for a non-talking version.
So next time you’re at the Magic Kingdom be sure to set aside some time to mingle with your favorite Disney friends.
Thinking of a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Deeply Discounted IGT, OGT and VGT Fares With Disney Cruise Line - October 16, 2017
- 2 Magical Offers For Those Looking to Spend the Holiday Season at Walt Disney World - October 16, 2017
- What Resorts at Walt Disney World Offer Rooms That Sleep 5 or More? - October 15, 2017