Here at Disney Addicts, if we were to compile a list of underrated on-site resorts, Disney’s Beach Club Resort would definitely be near the top of the list. We think there is so much to love about this resort that we can’t stop singing its praises. Here’s a 8 reasons we think Disney’s Beach Club should be front-runner for those considering resort options for an upcoming Disney stay.
1. Close proximity to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios – This resort is in the heart of it all. Visitors can walk to the World Showcase entrance of Epcot in under 5 minutes or opt to take a Friendship Boat from the pier that will have you there in roughly the same time. Hollywood Studios is also just a short boat ride away.
2. Standard rooms that sleep a family of five. If you’re a family of 5 then you know finding the right room can be a tricky business. However, Beach Club’s standard rooms offer 2 queen beds and a day bed making it the perfect option for families struggling with some of the other properties that only offer 2 double beds or 2 queens.
3. Character dining at your doorstep. When you’re staying at the Beach Club, you don’t have to go far to have a meal with some of your favorite Disney friends. Cape May Cafe is located at the resort and offers Minnie’s Beach Bash breakfast. It’s your chance to rub shoulders with Minnie and friends while enjoying a delightful breakfast complete with favorites like Mickey Waffles, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes. Or take a quick hop over to the other side of the lake for the new Bon Voyage breakfast featuring popular character from Tangled and The Little Mermaid at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk. Advanced reservations are essential at both of these restaurants and can be made at 407.WDW.DINE
4. A water playground like no other. Disney shares a massive outdoor pool area with neighboring Yacht Club Resort. Known as Stormalong Bay, the pool provides over 3 acres of water fun for the whole family. The area features a sand-bottomed pool as well as a giant shipwreck replica, and a 230 foot long waterslide. Guests can also drift along the lazy river in an inner tube or relax in one of the three Whirlpool spas found in the Bay.
5. An enviable fireworks view. Because of it’s close proximity to Epcot, guests will also be able to catch IllumiNations evening fireworks display while on property. Whether its from your resort room balcony or the raised bridge that lies between the resort and Epcot, its a special and relaxed way to end your busy Disney days.
6. A turn of the Century Soda Shop. I love Beaches & Cream, the Beach Club’s retro soda shop so much that I’ve been known to take time out of my Epcot days on nearly every visit to indulge in a delicious root-beer float or some of the other amazing treats on offer. Guests to Beaches & Cream may even want to surprise your family by ordering up one of the unbelievable Kitchen Sink Sundaes. Coming in at $32.00 its a whole lot of ice cream and comes with scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip covered in every topping imaginable!
7. A bustling Boardwalk- Disney’s Boardwalk Area is just a stones throw away from the Beach Club Resort and offers a delightful range of offerings that the whole family will enjoy. Whether its catching the latest game at ESPN Club, dancing the night away at Atlantic City Dance Hall, enjoying a nightcap at AbracadaBar or indulging your sweet tooth at the Ample Hills Creamery or Boardwalk Bakery; its a delightful place to spend an hour or an evening. Here you’ll also find amazing dining options like Flying Fish Cafe or even enjoy a midway game or two.
8. Evening beach parties with S’mores and a movie. This is one of the things that my family enjoys the most. Each evening the Beach Club plays host to Movies Under the Stars where you can take in a classic Disney film on a giant projection screen, there’s also a bonfire which means ample s’mores making opportunities with kits available at your resort. Sitting on a blanket, eating a s’mores under the stars while watching Aladdin on the beach of your Disney resort – Does life get any better?
If you think the Beach Club might be the right fit for your family, why not fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Things Those Planning a 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Should Know - December 11, 2017
- 5 Things We Learned This Week About Disney’s New Gondola System - December 11, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom - December 10, 2017