Each year Walt Disney World pulls out all the stops for Halloween-goers as well as during the Christmas season. But do you also know that on December 16th this year, there’s a special day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios reserved just for Star Wars fans? This special ticketed event is called Star Wars Galactic Nights and provides the perfect opportunity for fans young and old to don their Star Wars finery, and head to the park for a fun-filled night of mind-blowing shows, much-loved attractions, Star Wars characters and out-of-this-world goodies. There are tickets available for this night celebrating all things Star Wars so check out our 9 reasons why this special night is a must-do for Star Wars fans and consider booking your visit.
1. Out of This World Projection Show – As reported on our sister sight Chip and Co this week, one of the highlights of this year’s exclusive Star Wars fest will be the amazing state-of-the-art Star Wars-theme projection show that will occur onto the Tower of Terror at the end of Sunset Boulevard. The artists rendering above shows what guests can expect during this special night out. The official name for the show is Star Wars Galactic Destinations which will feature displays of key locations throughout the Star Wars Galaxy.
2. The Costumes – Galactic Nights is the one time of year where Star Wars fans both young and old can don their favorite Star Wars-themed costumes and head to the parks. Show your support for the Light or the Dark side and be sure to have your cameras at the ready as half the fun is seeing what the other visitors to the park are wearing on party night. However, there are some costume guidelines to be mindful of so if you’ll be in attendance give this a quick read first.
3. Jedi Training Academy – If you’ve tried to sign up your little ones for Jedi Training Academy then you know that competing for a spot can be just as crazy as nabbing those Black Friday bargains. That’s why families attending Galactic Nights will be pleased to know that the Training Academy will be taking place throughout the event providing, even more, opportunities for your young Padawans to square off against some formidable Disney baddies. For those looking to splurge on that special Christmas gift, you may also want to opt for the Jedi Recruitment Package. For an additional $149.95 plus tax, your little Jedis will receive a Trials of the Temple Robe, official Star Wars lightsaber, personalized name badge, a t-shirt and a picture with a Jedi Master – available via free digital download.
4. The Chance to Ride Your Favorite Attractions Without the Lines – This a perk my family has come to really value when it comes to the Halloween and Christmas parties. During Galactic Nights, a handful of select Hollywood Studios attractions will remain open meaning that you can enjoy a ride or two without the ridiculous lines. The attractions slated to remain open on party night are as follows:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Walt Disney Presents
5. Galaxy’s Edge Panel – If there’s one upcoming Disney World project that has Disney fans really excited its the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019. There have been so many exciting bits of news, speculation and downright rumors that have surfaced since the details came out at D23 earlier this year that its time to set the record straight. During this exclusive panel event dubbed Inside the Saga: A Galaxy in the Making, visitors will receive the latest news and updates regarding this 14-acre expansion. The panel will take place several times throughout the evening.
6. Out-of-This-World Culinary Creations – During Galactic Nights, Hollywood Studios amazing culinary team will pull out all the stops to bring a slew of fun intergalactic goodies for visitors to enjoy. Be on the lookout for Star Wars inspired dishes throughout the park. Some of our favorites include: Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers, Ribeye Steak Puffs, Vegan Curry with coconut, plantains, sweet potatoes and blue sauce and of course Lightsaber Churros. This is one event where you’ll definitely want to bring your appetite.
7. 3-Dimensional Photo Opportunities – During the party, guests will be able to step onto the scenes of the favorite Star Wars films with these unique photo experiences or even act out a scene or capture a heartfelt message about your love for all things Star Wars. You can then share your experience on social media for that perfect “I was there moment.”
8. Incredible Character Encounters – Star Wars: Galactic Nights will feature encounters with Star Wars characters from Ewoks, AWR Troopers to roaming droids and Jedi Knights. Half the fun of being at this event will be seeing what Star Wars friend is just around the corner.
9. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Finally this much-loved evening fireworks display will be back to wow crowds. This state-of-the-art evening production lights up the night sky with a combination of digital projections, pyrotechnics, and a laser light show all set to the scores of Star Wars films both old and new. If you’ve not yet seen Galactic Spectacular, it is sure to be the highlight of your evening.
So if you’ll be in the Orlando area on December 16, 2017 and consider yourself a Star Wars fan, this is an event you won’t want to miss. Park access and activities listed above will be exclusive to party guests only. Event hours are from 7pm – midnight on December 16th. Tickets are priced at $129 per adult and $124 for children between 3-9. Tickets are available for Annual Passholders and DVC members. Tickets can be purchased through your travel agent, at disneyworld.com or by calling 407.WDW.DISNEY.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why We Love the KA WA’A Luau at Aulani and are Sure You Will To - January 21, 2018
- 7 Places to Watch the Super Bowl at Walt Disney World - January 21, 2018
- 5 Best Uses of FastPasses at Magic Kingdom - January 20, 2018