For those staying at Walt Disney World, the large central pool areas at each of the resorts are a massive on-site perk. Each pool on Disney property is unique and boasts some fantastic features. From Disney Yacht and Beach Clubs’ massive water playground Stormalong Bay to the giant sea serpent slide at Port Orleans French Quarter, these amenities add an extra dose of magic to your Disney vacation. Therefore its no surprise that visitors to Walt Disney World frequently ask:
If I’m staying at a Disney resort can I use the pool areas at one of the other resorts?
Sadly the answer to the this question (for the most part) is No. Walt Disney world does boast an open resort policy meaning that visitors staying on property are able to visit and enjoy the other resorts. Whether its viewing the animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge, having afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian or going on a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside guests have the ability to take in as many of these fantastic resorts as time will allow. The only exception to this is the pool areas. With the advent of Magic Bands, new resorts like Art of Animation or any resort having gone through a recent refurbishment will have gates that scan the bands only allowing those with a valid resort reservation into the pool areas. Or at Stormalong Bay, there are Cast Members on hand that will check to make sure you are staying at the Yacht or Beach Club Resorts.
There are a few notable exceptions to this namely with resorts that fall into Disney’s sister resort category. They are as follows:
- Visitors to Disney’s All Star Resorts (All Star Sports, All Star Music and All Star Movies) are able to enjoy the pools at any of the other All Stars.
- Guests at Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside also have the option of using the pools at both locations.
However during peak periods, Walt Disney World reserves the right to restrict pool access only to guests at that specific hotel. So those staying in one of the sister hotels during the Summer holidays may not be afforded this option.
There are two exceptions to the “No Pool Hopping” policy outlined above. The first is that if your pool is undergoing a refurbishment Disney will arrange for pool privileges at a nearby Disney resort. The second is that pool hopping is a perk of being a DVC member. However there are some notable restrictions. DVC owners cannot pool hop at the following locations:
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
- Uzima Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Leisure Pool at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Samawati Springs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
- Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower
- Nanea Volcano Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Cooper Creek Springs Pool at Wilderness Lodge
- The Pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Pool hopping is available to DVC members and guests that are staying using their DVC points at any Walt Disney World resort. Proof of eligibility may be required in the form of Magic Bands or member ID cards. Again members may be asked to leave the pool during peak periods and should consult Disney Vacation Club regarding potential black out dates. Blackout dates for the remainder of this year are as follows:
- September 1, 2017 through September 4, 2017
- November 20, 2017 through November 25, 2017
- December 22, 2017 through January 2, 2018
Please keep coming back to Disney Addicts for the latest tips and tricks to help you get the most of your time at the parks.
Thinking about a visit to the Mouse? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Are you planning at trip to Walt Disney World? Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you find a resort that is a perfect fit for you and your family, book your package, help with Fastpass and dining reservations and monitor for discounts so that you are always getting the best deals out there. And my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me a 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Deeply Discounted IGT, OGT and VGT Fares With Disney Cruise Line - October 16, 2017
- 2 Magical Offers For Those Looking to Spend the Holiday Season at Walt Disney World - October 16, 2017
- What Resorts at Walt Disney World Offer Rooms That Sleep 5 or More? - October 15, 2017