Have your kids been to one of the four Children’s Activity Centers at Walt Disney World? If not you are missing out on one of Disney’s biggest bargains for parents and an amazing evening of Disney fun for your kids. Let’s take a look.
Lilo’s Playhouse and Sandcastle Club
Available to kids ages 3-12, Lilo’s Playhouse at Disney’s Polynesian and Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Beach Club are the largest of the four locations accommodating up to 60 children each. These two locations are no doubt the biggest bargain for parents and offer the most activities for kids.
Open nightly from 4:30-midnight parents pay a flat rate of $55.00 per child, which includes dinner, snacks, activities, and character visits. As with all Disney activities that include characters, they are subject to change. However, there is currently Captain Hook and Smee along with Chip and Dale rotate visits every other night.
Seriously folks….if you left kids the entire night that’s less than $7.50 an hour. And no need to feel guilty because the kids are having an amazing time, trust me you will be dragging them out when you return to pick them up. Here is a look at some of the activities offered.
- Lava Flow
Learn all about physics! Decorate volcanoes before watching them explode—just like the real thing.
- Ratatouille Cooking School
Join a specially trained cookie chef and learn how to make chocolate chip goodies fit for the toughest food critic—even Remy would agree!
- So You Want To Be a Pirate?
Leave your landlubber ways behind—train like a buccaneer and come face to face with Captain Hook.
As with all Disney activities that include characters, they are subject to change. However, Captain Hook and Smee along with Chip and Dale currently rotate visits every other night.
As I mentioned dinner and snacks are included, when you drop off your child you will be given a menu to select dinner and snack options for your child before you leave. Below is a menu from Lilo’s Playhouse, similar menus are offered at the other locations. All locations can also accommodate food allergies if needed.
At Animal Kingdom Lodge parents and kids will find Simba’s Cubhouse. This location is a bit smaller with room for 15-20 kids. Unlike the first two options, Simba’s Cubhouse is priced at $15.00 an hour per child and there is a 2 hour minimum. Don’t let the small size fool you there is still lots of fun and pixie dust found here. Dinner, snacks, games and crafts are included at Simba’s Cubhouse as well. However, due to its smaller size you will not find the larger themed activities that are featured at Lilo’s Playhouse and Sandcastle Club. Also, characters do not visit this location.
Camp Dolphin is located on the first floor of the Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel. Camp Dolphin is similar to Simba’s Cubhouse with 2 major differences, minimum age and hours. Kids must be at least 4 years of age to attend and this location doesn’t open until 5:00pm. Camp Dolphin charges an hourly rate of $15.00 with a 2 hour minimum. Dinner, games, and hours of Disney fun can be found at this location as well.
This location offers a little some thing extra for moms and dads. If you pamper yourself with a visit to Mandara Spa or dine at Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo or Il Mulino New York Trattoria which are all located at the resort you will receive up to 2 hours at Camp Dolphin FREE! Simply present your receipt as proof of purchase when you arrive to pick up your child.
Important things to know before you go!
- Children must be 3 to 12 years old (ages 4 to 12 for Camp Dolphin) and fully potty-trained. No pull-ups allowed.
- Rates vary by location. For Camp Dolphin and Simba’s Cubhouse, an hourly rate of $15 is charged per child, with a 2-hour minimum. For Lilo’s Playhouse and Sandcastle Club, a flat rate of $55 is charged per child for the duration of the evening.
- Dinner is included in the cost of the service and parents can order kid-friendly fare for their children at check-in. Mealtimes are approximate, with dinner served at 6:00 PM and snacks at 10:00 PM. Given prior notice, the Children’s Activity Centers can accommodate children with special dietary needs. No outside food, please.
- Hours vary based on location.
- Advance reservations are recommended for all locations—and are required for Camp Dolphin. Reservations can be made up to 180 days prior to your arrival at the Resort. Same day walk-ins are welcome based on availability.
- Please call (407) 939-3463 or the Resort hotel’s Front Desk for operating hours or to make reservations. To learn more about Camp Dolphin, please call (407) 934-4241. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
If you are looking for an in room childcare option Kid’s Nite Out offers one-to-one babysitting in the comfort of your Walt Disney World Resort hotel room. Arts and crafts, reading and playing games are among the fun-filled activities for children 6 months to 12 years of age.
With all these pixie dust filled options the only thing left to do is decide where to go on your “kid free” night at Disney!
Thinking about a trip to Disney? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had. It’s also never too early to start planning for 2018. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 770-800-6500 via email at [email protected]or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.