Q: I’d love to move to Florida and get a job working for Disney. How do I find out if they’re hiring?
A; For most of us Disney Addicts, Disney is not just a family vacation spot but a way of life. Let’s be honest, most of us have daydreamed about packing up the car and heading out to Orlando to chase our dreams of becoming a Cast Member. So how exactly does one go about starting a career at one of the theme parks, resorts or with Disney Cruise line? We’ll give you a few helpful tips to get you started.
1. Disney looking to fill 1,000 jobs this Spring – If you want to make your dream an immediate reality, we reported earlier in the month over at our sister site Chip and Co. that Disney is looking to fill 1,000 part-time positions this Spring. The roles will be across the theme parks, two water parks, the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney Springs and at over 20 Walt Disney World Resorts. The roles cover a broad range of opportunities from food and beverage services to bus drivers, life guards and parking attendants.
2. Visit DisneyCareers.com – This is your one-stop-shop for Disney employment. The site will let you to see all roles that are available from Management and IT to Disney Store openings. The site is also worldwide so you can explore positions being offered both domestic and international. It’s a great place to scan through listings, get a sense of the essential criteria for most of the posts on offer and explore a wide range of Disney careers- many of which I’m sure you didn’t even realize existed. Follow this link to visit the site.
3. Visit Disney Park Jobs- If your aspirations are to be a skipper on the Jungle Cruise, work at one of the amazing gift shops on Main Street USA or greet guests entering the parks each morning then there’s a mini site within the Disney Careers website that focuses specifically on parks jobs that are available. This site covers both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Visit parksjobs.disneycareers.com to see if your dream job as a Cast Member awaits.
4. Follow Disney Careers on Twitter – For many of us, scrolling through a long list of Disney jobs can seem a bit daunting and it can be difficult to imagine where you might fit in. A great starting point is to follow along on Disney Careers Twitter account. Find out what jobs are available in under 140 characters. Follow along here.
5. Visit Disney Cruise Line Jobs – If you have aspirations of sailing the 7-Seas with Disney then, similar to Disney Parks Jobs, Disney Careers offers a mini-site just focused on roles available with Disney Cruise Line. More information on cruise line positions can be found here.
6. Disney International Programs- For any of you that have spent a bit of time at Epcot, you’ll know that Disney prides itself on bringing in amazing Cast Members from all over the world as part of their international program. Whether its students living and studying abroad that come over to Disney for a semester or two to work in the World Showcase or cultural ambassadors from Africa sharing their knowledge at Animal Kingdom, there’s so many amazing opportunities for those residing abroad to make their Disney dreams come true. If you or someone you know falls into this category than visit this site for further details.
7. Get an Internship with Disney – Disney does offer a robust paid internship program offering a wide range of opportunities for students interested in developing their professional skills or that are thinking about a future with the company. From professional programs to admission into the coveted culinary programs, there is no shortage of awesome ways to gain valuable work experience and college credit while working for Disney. For more information visit the Disney College Program website.
These are just a few tips for making your Disney career a reality. I’ve mentioned Twitter but you can also stay switched on to opportunities at any of the sites listed above by following along with their Facebook pages. Here’s some quick links:
- Disney Careers
- Disney Theme Park Jobs – Walt Disney World
- Disney Theme Park Jobs – Disneyland
- Disney Cruise Line Jobs
- Disney International Programs
- Disney College Program
We hope that the resources we’ve outlined above will help put you on the right path to making your Disney dream job a reality. Happy job hunting!
Planning at trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll help you find your perfect package and will be on hand to help with things like nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - February 18, 2018
- 11 Exciting New Treats Added to the Menus at Walt Disney World - February 18, 2018
- 4 Things We Learned About Disneyland’s Pixar Pier This Week - February 17, 2018