Q: We have booked a Stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, can we use Disney transportation to get to and from the parks?
A: Nestled just on the other side of Walt Disney World’s Epcot resorts, the Swan and Dolphin is an absolutely beautiful complex offering a plethora of fantastic amenities and amazing restaurants making it a favorite with convention crowds. However, its position as a privately owned resort on Disney property means that not all of Disney’s on-site perks are available to guests who stay here. For instance, Swan and Dolphin guests can attend Extra Magic Hours, can book their FastPasses 60 days out and receive complimentary parking. However, guests of this property cannot use Magical Express, receive complimentary MagicBands or make all of their dining reservations in one go at the 180 day mark.
So, where does the resort fall when it comes to transportation to and from the theme parks? Fortunately this is one area where the property really excels.
Guests heading to the Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs can hop a bus from the entrance of both the Swan wing and the Dolphin Wing. Buses run regularly starting an hour before park openings and depart every 20 -25 minutes.
For those heading to Disney’s Boardwalk, Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Epcot, water taxis depart every 20 – 25 minutes starting one hour before park opening. Departures leave from the covered boat dock that sits in between both wings.
Okay but what about getting to the airport if I can’t use Magical Express? For those flying in, there are several options that you can choose from.
- Taxis – You will find cab pick-up options at both airports. To arrange something in advance Mears is the company that I tend to recommend to clients. The fairs from Orlando International Airport tend to be around $60 each way before taxes and gratuities
- Uber – This service is really taking off at Walt Disney World and its not uncommon to see as many Uber pick-ups as you would taxis these days. The cost of using Uber tends to be substantially less than your standard taxi. More information about the service can be found here: www.uber.com. Guests should note that Uber isn’t an option for families with children 5 and under unless you bring your own car seat.
- Swan and Dolphin Hotel pick-up. The resort itself can arrange for cars to pick you up from the airport with the rates as follows:
- Sedan (up to four people) $93.00.
- SUV (up to five people) or Van (up to 8 people) $112.00
- Limousine (up to seven people) $232.30
- Mears Shuttle Services – For those that don’t mind sharing their ride, you can arrange a Shuttle pick-up to and from Orlando International Airport. The cost is $37 round trip per adult and $28.00 round trip per child (ages 4-11). The shuttle can be booked directly through the Swan and Dolphin Concierge service. Click here to visit.
We want to go shopping. How would I get to the Outlet Malls if I don’t have a car? A nice perk of staying at the Swan and Dolphin is that they offer a complimentary shuttle service to Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. The Orlando Premium Outlets Hotel Shopper Shuttle offers spaces for 50 guest, pick-ups daily at 10:42 and will return guests back to the resort at either 4.30pm or 8:30pm. The shuttles book up on a first come, first serve basis and reservations can be made online at mallservice.mearstransportation.com or by phone 407-254-0470.
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at [email protected] or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 7 Flower and Garden Festival Must-dos - February 22, 2017
- When Can I Book My 2018 Disney Cruise? - February 21, 2017
- When Will Disney Release Free Dining Discounts for 2017? - February 20, 2017