The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays is in full swing and that means an incredible array of seasonal treats can be found at the 15 Holiday Kitchens that are scattered around the World Showcase. However, with so much variety, knowing what dishes to tuck in to can be quite the mission. However, we here at Disney Addicts want to keep things simple for you. With that in mind, here is our list of 5 not-to-be-missed festival treats that provide a great launching point for holiday diners.
1. Chocolate Pecan Tart with Whipped Cream and Caramel Sauce – You’ll find this treat at American Holiday Table and trust us when we say it is holiday comfort food at its best. From the melt-in-your-mouth crust to the buttery pecans to the delicious caramel drizzle, it is an absolute delight.
2. Glühwein – Nothing says Winter has arrived quite like a glass of warm mulled wine. You’ll find this house-made hot spiced brew at the Bavarian Holiday Kitchen. Glühwein is a popular German beverage during the Yuletide Season. It will warm you right up on those cold Orlando nights.
3. Stollen – Regardless of whether you are a fruitcake lover or hater, you can’t go wrong with this delicious cake also found at the Bavarian Holiday Kitchen. Historians have traced this Christmastime treat all the way back to 1400 in Dresden Germany. With such history, you’ll need to give this traditional German holiday fruit bread a try. Its wonderfully tasty and comes covered in a delicious dusting of powdered sugar.
4. Warm Apple Fritter – We’ve tried a lot of holiday dishes and we have to say that this delightful dessert is definitely one of our favorites. A play on the classic apple pie, the apple fritter comes with cinnamon ice cream and warm caramel sauce. You’ll find it at the Cookie Nook.
5. Sachertorte – Also found at Cookie Nook is this Chocolate Cake with Apricot Jam and a Dark Chocolate Glaze. This holiday treat dates all the way back to Austria in 1832 and is a dish fit for royalty.
This is just a small sliver of the amazing treats you’ll find at Epcot as part of the International Festival of the Holidays. Bring your appetites and let us know which dishes were your favorites.
Can’t make it to Disney World this Christmas? Why not start planning for Christmas 2018? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available to book through December 0f 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your free quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I would be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard to get dining and Fastpass bookings. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image credit Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Things Those Planning a 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Should Know - December 11, 2017
- 5 Things We Learned This Week About Disney’s New Gondola System - December 11, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom - December 10, 2017