Its been a busy few weeks in the Disney-dining sphere with lots of news regarding dining packages, festivals, new character dining options and closures. In fact, its been so busy we’re even working to keep up. To keep you straight and help you plan your next Disney vacation, here’s our rundown of 12 Disney Dining happenings across the four theme-parks, resorts and Disney Springs. You’ll definitely want to be sure to include a few in your vacation plans!
1) Rivers of Light Dining Package – (pictured) The hotly anticipated Rivers of Light will finally begin wowing Animal Kingdom visitors with its water pageantry starting on February 17th. To make getting a seat for one of these evening shows as stress-free as possible, why not consider making a reservation for the Rivers of Light Dining Package? Both Tiffins and Tusker House will be offering guests who book under the package tickets that can be used for premium seating during a Rivers of Light performance. The package will be available to book at Tusker House for breakfast, lunch and dinner and will set adults back $39.00 – $59.00 and children $23.00 – $32.00. Tiffins, the premier Signature/Fine Dining restaurants at Animal Kingdom will be offering the package for lunch and dinner and will cost $57.00 per adult and $26 per child. For those on the Disney Dining Plan, the Tusker House dining package will cost one table service credit and Tiffins two table service credits.
2) New Character Dining at Disney’s Boardwalk – Coming later this Spring, Trattoria al Forno on Disney’s Boardwalk will begin offering a character dining experience with appearances by royal couples from much-loved Disney films. It would appear that the experience will be available for breakfast and will feature characters from “Tangled” and “The Little Mermaid.” As of going to print, Disney hasn’t released any further details regarding menu items, cost or participation in the dining plan so readers are advised to check back for further updates.
3) Hollywood Studios Expands Minnie’s Seasonal Dine – In a shake-up of character dining experiences over at Hollywood and Vine, Disney made the announcement last week that Minnie’s Seasonal Dine, often one of the most difficult character dining reservations to get, will now be available to book for both lunch and dinner. This means that Minnie will be replacing the current Disney Junior Play and Dine character dining experience which will now take place at breakfast only. In attendance at Mickey’s Seasonal Dine is Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. The outfits of these Disney friends as well as the menu items vary depending on the season. Advanced dining reservation can currently be made for lunchtime openings starting on May 14, 2017.
4) Garden Rocks Dining Package to Be Offered for Flower and Garden Festival – A highlight of Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival, the Garden Rocks concert series is a chance for Disney guests to enjoy a range of fantastic musical talents each Spring. This year’s Garden Rocks boasts artists including: Night Ranger, The Pointer Sisters, Blood Sweat and Tears, Starship and The Guess Who just to name a few. Those wanting to ensure a good seat for the performances may want to consider booking one of Epcot’s Garden Rocks Dining Packages. The packages will be available for breakfast, lunch and dinner with costs ranging between $39.00 – $59.00 per adult depending on the venue. A variety of fantastic Epcot eateries have been lined up for the offer including: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Garden Grill, Coral Reef, Spice Road Table, and Via Napoli just to name a few. Those booking under the package will receive a ticket during their meal which will entitle visitors to premium seating for one of the Garden Rocks performances. This offering is expected to be wildly popular so advanced booking is strongly recommended.
5. Menu Items Announced for 2017 Flower and Garden Festival – Speaking of Flower and Garden, who says you have to wait until Food and Wine to enjoy amazing delicacies from around the world? This year’a Flower and Garden will showcase 11 kiosks offering up both savory and sweet treats as part of this year’s “Garden Marketplace.” With amazing selections like Pulled Pork Sliders at The Smokehouse, Elderflower and Pineapple Margarita’s at the Pineapple Promenade and Seared Scallops and Maple Milkshakes at Northern Bloom, there’s bound to be something to appeal to all tastes.
6. Select Walt Disney World Resorts Offering Easter and Mother’s Day Menus. The perfect way to treat your loved ones this Spring, a handful of Disney restaurants will open their doors for special Easter and Mother’s Day Brunch options. On Sunday, April 16, 2017, the following restaurants will pull out all the stops for and Easter Meal done Disney style: Cape May Cafe, Captains Grille, The Wave…of American Flavors, Trail’s End Restaurants, and Boma- Flavors of Africa. For those looking for that special treat for Mom, Boma, Captains Grille and The Wave…of American Flavors will also be offering a Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 14, 2017. Reservations can be made at 407.WDW.DINE and guests are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.
7. Trails End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness Resort to Offer Brunch. Speaking of brunch, Trail’s End Restaurant announced earlier this week that they will start offering brunch on select dates. These are as follows:
- February 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26
- March 4, 5, and 11- 26
- April 1, 2, 8-23, 29 and 30
- May 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 and 29
- June 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18 – 30
- July 1-9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 and 30
- August 5 and 6
- September 4
The brunch will serve a range of much-loved Disney breakfast items like, Mickey waffles as well as made-to-order omelets, a carvery, pasta, fried chicken an entire dessert bar. Reservations can be made by calling 407.WDW.DINE and can be made up to 180 days before your vacation.
8. Paddlefish Now Accepting Reservations. Paddlefish, the fantastic seafood eatery housed in the former location of Fulton’s Crab House is officially open for business. Those waiting to make advanced dining reservations will be pleased to know that as of earlier this week, Paddlefish is currently available for future bookings. Reservations can be made by calling 407.WDW.DINE or via Disney World’s official website. Don’t miss your chance to tuck-in and and enjoy savory seafood classics like lobster guacamole and stone crab.
9. Walt Disney World to Expand Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe – A constant rumor swirling around about Cosmic Ray’s is that its the busiest eatery in the World. Whether or not this is true, Disney has decided that the crowds are definitely robust enough to warrant an expansion. Construction is currently underway to expand and remodel the guest bathrooms as well as to add more covered seating outside to accommodate larger families and groups. This Magic Kingdom Quick Service eatery will remain open during this process. However, guests are currently being redirected to Mickey’s Star Traders to use the restrooms. According to Disney, the expansion will be completed this Summer.
10. Geyser Point Bar and Grill to Open at Wilderness Lodge on February 13th – We are just mere days away from the opening of Wilderness Lodge’s newest eatery. Geyser Point Bar and Grill will fill the role left vacant by both Roaring Forks and Trout Pass bar both of which will be undergoing extensive refurbishments. The restaurant is located adjacent to the main pools which is perfect for diners who want to enjoy some tasty bites pool side. The eatery will also offer and patio perfect for sipping that afternoon cocktail while enjoying views of Seven Seas Lagoon. The restaurant will offer Quick Service dining options including: Kids meals, burgers, sandwiches and salads. The bar will offer up delicious libations with an emphasis on ingredients sourced from Pacific Northwest distilleries as well as small plates.
11) Beauty an the Beast Themed Sweets Crop Up at Disney Springs – In anticipation of next month’s premiere of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, delicious Belle and Beast themed treats are making there way to some of the eateries at Disney Springs. Pictured above is The Enchanted Rose at Amorette’s Patisserie located in the Town Center Neighborhood. The Candy Cauldron, located in Disney Springs West Side is also featuring Beauty and the Beast themed cupcakes decorated with yellow frosting and topped with a decorative red rose. Watch this space over the month ahead for more information about Beauty and the Beast themed goodies across Walt Disney World Resort.
12. Captain’s Grille Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort Closing for Refurbishment – Disney announced recently that Yacht Club’s “Family Style” restaurant will be closing at the end of May until the Fall of 2017. The restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner was a nice bet for groups looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk and Epcot and served up a combination of surf and turf items. The refurbishment is expected to include a updates to decor, a re-imagined menu and a reconditioned interior. In the meantime, Ariel’s which is located just next to Cape May Cafe, will step in to fill in the gap.
There has clearly never been a better time to be a foodie at Walt Disney World. How many of these delicious dining options will you enjoy on your next Disney vacation?
Thinking about a trip to Disney? Start by getting your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 8 Things You May Not Have Known About Castaway Cay - February 24, 2018
- What Table Service Restaurants Cost Two Dining Credits? - February 24, 2018
- 8 Great Places to Grab Breakfast at Disneyland - February 23, 2018