The Yuletide Season is well underway and we here at Disney Addicts think that its easily shaping up to be the best Walt Disney World Christmas Ever. But don’t take our word for it, instead, let the sheer volume of fun Christmas activities you’ll find at Disney World do the talking. You’ll find most of them on our list of Top 12 list ways to ring in the Holiday Season Disney-style.
1. Sunset Seasons Greetings at Disney Hollywood Studios – This brand new offering at Hollywood Studios is already winning over crowds young and old with its spectacular holiday projections onto the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Sunset Seasons Greetings takes place on Sunset Boulevard continuously throughout the night and features animated vignettes featuring Mickey, Minnie and other much-loved Disney characters. Also, pay attention to the billboards which magically spring to life.
2. New Holiday Kitchens at the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays: Indulge in some fantastic Holiday-inspired comfort food treats at one of the amazing food booths you’ll find scattered around the World Showcase this time of year. Our favorite is a Holiday Kitchen that’s all about sweet treats like snowflake sugar cookies and warm apple fritters with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. Stop by Epcot and find your favorite.
3. S’mores Hot Cocoa and Christmas Carols at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Wilderness Lodge – Those looking for Christmas with a bit of a rustic flair will definitely want to pay a visit to both of these properties where you’ll find yourself immersed in the Yuletide charm of the Pacific Northwest. At Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground carolers arrive by hay wagon spreading the sounds of the season while you check out many of the amazing decorations put out by families staying in the cabins and on the campsites. Over at Wilderness Lodge guests can treat themselves to a cup of hot cider or cocoa while warming by the giant fire in the lobby.
4. Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: Its Christmas all year round at this 18-hole miniature golf course where you can join Santa and his elves. There are two courses. One showcases the warm Florida weather and another Santa’s shivery North Pole.
5. Exciting New Holiday Merchandise – The theme parks, as well as Disney Springs, are an absolute treasure trove of Disney-themed goodies this time of year. Shoppers will find everything from top brand names at the many stores that call Disney Springs home to Disney specific merchandise like Mickey Ears, t-shirts, pins and ornaments.
6. Festive Decor – Upon entering the theme parks or your resort you’ll be absolutely blown away by the incredible holiday decor this time of year. From wreaths and garlands to Christmas trees and giant gingerbread displays, something magical awaits around every turn. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, it even snows on Main Street U.S.A.
7. Holiday Fun at Disney Springs – Every corner of Disney Springs has been infused with the Christmas spirit. For a special dose of Disney magic head over to the Christmas Tree Trail which features 10 new trees inspired by class Disney films like Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo.
8. Amazing Treats at Hollywood Studios – During the new Flurry of Fun Celebration at Hollywood Studios the park is serving up holiday treats that need to be seen to be believed. Highlights include red velvet whoopee pies, Olaf Cake Pops, apple cranberry cobbler and our favorite the boozy Hot Cocoa Flight.
9. Candlelight Processional at Epcot – Remind yourselves of the real reason for the season with this beloved Epcot retelling of the Christmas Story featuring celebrity narrators. Disney legend Kurt Russel joins an all-star roster of Celebrity Narrators including Pat Sajak, Matt Bomer and CCH Pounder. The performances also feature a 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. The concerts take place nightly at the America Gardens Theatre at 5pm, 6:45pm and 8:15pm until December 30th.
10. Incredible Gingerbread Creations – You’ll be in awe of the stunning edible creations adorning the lobbies of select Walt Disney World resort hotels. The Grand Floridian features a life-size Victorian gingerbread house. At Disney’s Beach Club Resort you’ll also find the spinning carousel above. New this year, Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be home to an 18-foot-tall Cinderella Castle handcrafted with thousands of Gingerbread blocks.
11. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Disney’s Ultimate Christmas bash, this exclusive ticketed event runs on select nights from 7pm – midnight and includes a special Christmas parade, fireworks, stage show, character meet and greet opportunities and delicious treats around every corner. The cost to attend ranges from $89 – $109 per person depending on dates and there are parties scheduled on December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
12. Meet Santa Claus – No Christmas visit to Disney World would be complete without a chance to visit with Santa Claus. You’ll find him on hand to greet guests at the American Pavilion in Epcot on Sunset Boulevard in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the foot of Main Street in the Magic Kingdom so be sure to bring your Christmas Wish List.
This is just a dozen of the countless Christmas experiences you’ll get to enjoy when visiting Walt Disney World in the lead-in to the Holiday Season. For those that will be missing the magic this year, why not start planning your destination Christmas for 2018? Walt Disney World packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- When Can I Book Tickets for This Year’s Halloween and Christmas Parties? - February 18, 2018
- 11 Exciting New Treats Added to the Menus at Walt Disney World - February 18, 2018
- 4 Things We Learned About Disneyland’s Pixar Pier This Week - February 17, 2018