With The Last Jedi slated to open in just a few short weeks, we can’t think of a better way to celebrate all things Star Wars than with a visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Is the perfect playground for Star Wars fans of all ages and to give you just a taste of the amazing adventures that await check out our list of 7 Ways to celebrate the December 15, 2017 opening of this hotly anticipated film during your next visit to the Mouse.
1. Check Out the New Scenes at Star Tours. Hollywood Studios recently added a few updated scenes to its Star Tours ride meaning fans to the park will definitely want to make it their first port of call. Additions include Crait with its red sands and Batu which is the name given to the planet in Disney World’s upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction. The ride also features familiar characters from the upcoming film including BB-8, Poe and Maz Kanata.
2. Grab Your Ticket for Galactic Nights on December 16, 2017- To celebrate Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Disney is throwing the ultimate celebration. For one night only guests can don their favorite Star Wars costumes and head to the park for a fun-filled evening. Whether it’s hitching a ride on Star Tours, taking in the breathtaking Galactic Spectacular evening fireworks display or sitting in on a panel discussion about the new Galaxy’s Edge expansion, there’s a ton of fun activities for fans of all ages. Food-lovers should also be on the lookout for special Star Wars themed treats that we promise will be out-of-this-world. Event hours are from 7pm – midnight on December 16th. Tickets are priced at $129 per adult and $124 for children between 3-9. Tickets are available for Annual Passholders and DVC members. Tickets can be purchased through your travel agent, at disneyworld.com or by calling 407.WDW.DISNEY.
3. Become a VIP with the Star Wars Guided Tour – For the ultimate Star Wars indulgence sign up for Disney World’s Star Wars Guided Tour. The tour includes a screening of Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, viewing of Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, enrollment in Jedi Training, VIP access to Star Tours and meet and greets with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. Guests are also treated to a Star Wars-inspired meal at Backlot Express as well as VIP viewing of the evening Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular evening fireworks display. The cost to participate is $99 for both adults and children. Spots fill up fast so early booking is strongly encouraged and can be made at 407..
4. Embrace The Force with Jedi Training : Trials of the Temple – There’s nothing that makes a Star Wars fan more proud than watching your son or daughter don their first Jedi robe and hold their own while going toe to toe with some formidable Star Wars baddies. That’s exactly what’s in store for young Padawans lucky enough to secure a spot for Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Located next to Star Tours, you can sign your little ones up first thing in the morning for performance slots. Shows occur regularly throughout the day. Warning though, Jedi Training sign-ups can reach Black Friday-like hysteria so its good to arrive at the parks early and have an action plan. For tips on how you can secure your child’s place check out this article.
5. Meet Some of the Characters from the Film – Star Wars fans won’t want to miss the chance to rub shoulders with some of your favorite friends from The Last Jedi. Chewbacca can be found in an ancient temple within Star Wars: Launch Bay where he’ll be on hand to pose for photos and give you a big Wookiee hug. Guests can also follow the narrow corridors of a Resistance freighter where you’ll find BB8 who may just have a clue or two to help your cause. Or for those that prefer The Dark Side, you’ll find Kylo Ren complete with black robes and foreboding mask. All characters are available throughout the day from 9:00 am to 8:00pm. Be sure to have your cameras at the ready.
6. Watch Your Favorite Disney Characters Take to the Stage – Taking place several times throughout the day, Star Wars fans won’t want to miss this Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show taking place in front of the Chinese Theatre. During this action-packed performance, Kylo Ren, BB-8, Chewbacca, Darth Maul and more recreate key scenes from the Star Wars franchise right in front of your very eyes. So grab your times guide upon entering Hollywood Studios and try and squeeze one of these performances into your park day. It will not disappoint.
7. Immerse yourself in Characters, Legends and Lore at Star Wars Launch Bay – An absolute treasure trove for Star Wars fans, You’ll want to set aside a good chunk of your Hollywood Studios day to enjoy all the Launch Bay has to offer. The building is filled to the brim with Star Wars artefacts and movie memorabilia, and behind the scenes peeks of the upcoming films in the Star Wars franchise. Collectors will also want to check out Launch Bay Cargo for an enviable array of collectables including autographed merchandise, movie prop replicas, sculptures and more!
This is just a taste of the Star Wars fun that awaits visitors at Hollywood Studios. So head to the theaters to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi when it opens on December 15 and relive those key moments with a visit to Walt Disney World!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 8 Things You May Not Have Known About Castaway Cay - February 24, 2018
- What Table Service Restaurants Cost Two Dining Credits? - February 24, 2018
- 8 Great Places to Grab Breakfast at Disneyland - February 23, 2018