With Summer nearly over and the school year about to begin, we are approaching one of our favorite times of year to visit Walt Disney World- Christmas! Yes folks, it will be here before you know it and if there’s one standout Disney Christmastime activity that gets us excited every year its Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom! With the party slated to kick off on November 9th, Disney is already starting to release details of what’s in store for party guests this year. To help put you in the Christmas spirit, here’s out list of 8 reasons why we’re already excited about Mickey’s Christmas Party (and why you should be too!)
1. Holiday Wishes – Disney’s Christmas-themed nighttime fireworks spectacular is the icing on the cake of a magical Christmas Party. This breathtaking event features amazing pyrotechnics, castle projections and heartwarming tunes which when combined are guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit. Disney is also offering the Holiday Wishes Premium Dessert Party event again this year which provides guests with a chance to indulge in delicious seasonal desserts while watching the fireworks from a VIP viewing area. More details on this exclusive event can be found here.
2. Christmas-dinner done Disney style! – With the parades, fireworks, castle lighting, rides and meet and greets, visitors to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party can really work up an appetite. That’s why 3 of Magic Kingdom’s Table Service Restaurants will once again be open and excepting reservations on party nights. For those in the mood for a bit of French cuisine head on over to Be Our Guests where The Beast has pulled out all of the holiday stops. For those preferring to spend their party hobnobbing with royalty, Cinderella’s Royal Table located in Cinderella’s Castle is also taking reservations and several princesses will be on hand to say hello. Finally, you can join Winnie the Pooh and friends for an all-you-care-to-eat buffet in the beautiful surroundings of Crystal Palace. You can’t go wrong with any of these amazing restaurants. Reservations do fill up quickly so those interested should call 407.WDW.DINE immediately to inquire about availability or check My Disney Experience.
3. Seasonal Meet and Greets – For us, one of the highlights of attending the party each year is the rare opportunity it presents to meet with a few of your favorite Disney characters that only come out at Christmas. Highlights this year will include the chance to meet Jack Skellington in his full Sandy Claws get-up as well as Scrooge McDuck. Guests should note that meet and greets during party times are wildly popular and visitors should plan to arrive early and spend a good chunk of time waiting in line!
4. A Frozen Holiday Wish – I can’t think of a better person to magic Cinderella Castle to life each party night than Disney’s own Ice Queen, Elsa of Arendelle. You won’t want to miss the moment when Elsa, along with her sister Anna, Kristoff and Olaf transform the castle into a shimmering ice palace right in front of your very eyes! The event usually takes place a few times during the party at the Castle Forecourt Stage. Guests should consult the Christmas Party Times Guide for details.
5. Mickey’s Merriest Celebration – This delightful stage show features Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and of course Mickey as they get ready to celebrate the season. The performance features dozens of songs, and many Disney friends who drop-in to say hello to Mickey and friends. These may include: Peter Pan, Woody and Jesse from Toy Story, Snow White, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and so much more. The event takes place throughout the night at the Castle Forecourt stage. Visitors should consult the Times Guide for details.
6. Santa – No Christmas Party would be complete without an appearance from the big guy and Disney definitely delivers. Santa makes an appearance both at the Christmas Party parade (more of that in a minute) and is also on hand to meet visitors at Candy Cane Garden located in the Town Square Courtyard next to the Main Street Fire Station. Be sure to stop on by for a photo with Santa and to find out if you’re on his naughty or nice list.
7. Snow on Main Street – Sometimes the simplest touches are the ones that stay with you long after the party is over. For me, it’s the fact that it may be 70 degrees outside but that doesn’t stop the snow from magically falling down Main Street U.S.A. Its your first inclination that your in for an evening you won’t soon forget. And nothing, I mean nothing puts you in the Christmas spirit like a little bit of snowfall. Consider it your big dose of holiday pixie dust.
8. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade – A highlight of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you won’t forget that moment when you see a line of wooden soldiers marching their way down Main Street. The parade also features gingerbread men, elves. an amazing array of dancers and much-loved Disney friends including: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Ann, Elsa, Olaf, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and the Seven Dwarfs. And as we mentioned above, Santa is there at the end with his sleigh packed with goodies to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
This year’s Christmas Party will be held at the Magic Kingdom on the following evenings:
- November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
- December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
The party kicks off starting at 6pm and a separate ticket must purchased for entry. Ticket’s for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party start at $89 and go up to $109 depending on your date. Tickets can be purchased via My Disney Experience.
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s holiday festivities. You can start by filling out our form below to receive your FREE quote. There are still some fantastic 2017 holiday packages to be had!
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at [email protected]or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Top 2 Quick Service Restaurants at Each Disney World Theme Park - August 22, 2017
- What are the Costume Guidelines For Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? - August 21, 2017
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - August 20, 2017