December 1st is officially upon us and that can only mean one thing- Its time to start counting down to Christmas. On a day where most people are getting out those advent calendars we here at Disney Addicts thought we would do a little countdown of our own and one that celebrates just how much we love Disney World at Christmas. So without further ado, here’s our 25 Disney World Holiday Fun Facts to Celebrate 25 Days Until Christmas.
25- The number of amazing themed trees you’ll find at the Christmas Tree Trail in Disney Springs.
23- Our love of Disney World is only enhanced throughout the year by Disney’s amazing fan club- D23. Did you know that they are doing a special Christmas countdown this year for Disney fans and theme park enthusiasts? As part of the D23 Days of Christmas countdown, fans will get to unwrap 23 days of holiday delights with a new “gift” each day for 23 days. Treats in previous years included fun downloads, recipes, Disney DIY and even special sweepstakes. So be sure to check in each day HERE.
22- The last Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the Season will be held on December 22nd. Tickets are still available so why not come on down to Orlando and get in on the Christmas fun!
21- The number of amazing Meet and Greets you’ll find at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Our favorites include Jack Skellington, Moana and Nick and Judy from Zootopia just to name a few. For a complete list of all the Meet and Greets available on party nights check out this article.
20 – That is the weight in pounds of icing sugar that is used to create the replica of The United States Capitol Building on display at The American Adventure in Epcot.
19 – The number of years the giant Victorian gingerbread house has been on display at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
18- The number of hours it takes for workers to assemble the massive Christmas tree that you’ll find in the main lobby of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort each year.
17- Multiply by 1,000 and that’s the square footage of the Emporium, the massive gift shop that you’ll find on Main Street U.S.A that is filled to the rafters with countless Disney treasures. I can’t think of a better place to Christmas shop!
16 – The day this December on which Disney will be celebrating all things Star Wars with their Galactic Nights celebration at Hollywood Studios. Because, let’s be honest, if there’s one thing we’re all really excited about this Christmas Season, its the opening of The Last Jedi. Head to the parks on this day in your favorite Star Wars costume and prepare for an out-of-this-world celebration featuring characters, fireworks, great food and even a special panel discussion about Hollywood Studios Star Wars expansion. Check out this article for more details on this December 16 celebration.
15. The number of floats you’ll find in the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade which takes place during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Part on select evenings at the Magic Kingdom.
14 – The runtime (in minutes) of the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” spectacular that takes place nightly at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. #DisneyParksBlogLIVE will be live streaming this amazing fireworks extravaganza on December 4th so be sure to tune in and check it out!
13- The number of chances you have to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party in December. The dates are: December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22.
12- The number of locations you are sent to as part of Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt a fun holiday scavenger hunt taking place at Disney Springs. Pick up your guide near the entrance of the Christmas Tree Trail and help Stitch gather gifts for his Ohana.
11- The number of countries around the World Showcase that will be celebrating their own Holiday traditions as part of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays.
10- Celebrity Narrators participating in the Candlelight Processional this December. They include:
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
- Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
- Jodi Benson – December 6 to 8, 2017
- Kurt Russell – December 9 to 11, 2017
- Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017
- Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
- Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
- CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
- Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
- Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017
9 – The time that you should try and arrive at the parks by each day during your Christmas Disney visit (9am) to make sure that you are in before the parks start to reach capacity. For more tips on beating the Christmas crowds check out this article.
8- The height (in feet) of the Coca-Cola Polar Bear who is on hand during the Holiday Season to greet guests at the Coca-Cola Store in Disney Springs.
7- The number of Dwarfs you’ll get to meet at the special Meet and Greet taking place during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
6. The number of Starbucks locations you’ll find at Walt Disney World. There is one in each theme park and two at Disney Springs. Be sure to go and get your peppermint mochas before heading to your favorite attractions this Holiday Season.
5. The Fab 5 which you’ll get to meet during your reservation at Minnie’s Holiday Dine, an all-you-care-to-eat buffet at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood Studios featuring Minnie and friends dressed in their Holiday finery.
4 – The number of incredible theme parks at Walt Disney World that will be jam-packed with festive activities. If you’re heading to the parks this December make sure you set aside some time to visit them all!
3 – The number of boozy hot chocolates you’ll find in the amazing Hot Chocolate Flight being servied up at Farifax Fare and Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner. The three different flavors available are: Hot Chocolate Martini, Bailey’s Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate. You can try them all for $11.00
2. The number of escorted Christmas tours you can take around Disney this Holiday Season. The Holiday D-lights and Yuletide Fantasy tours are the perfect way to learn about all the steps that Disney takes each year to decorate for the Holidays. Each tour provides hours of behind-the-scenes festive fun. Tours can be booked at 407.WDW.TOUR
1- Amazing destination Christmas. We here at Disney Addicts honestly believe that Walt Disney World is the most magical place to be at Christmas time. So why not try it out for yourself? Christmas 2018 packages are currently available to book. See below for details on how you can get your FREE quote.
We hope our Christmas countdown has managed to bring you a bit of Christmas cheer and we hope to see you at Disney World this Holiday Season!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Things Those Planning a 2018 Walt Disney World Vacation Should Know - December 11, 2017
- 5 Things We Learned This Week About Disney’s New Gondola System - December 11, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom - December 10, 2017